The Marlins are officially selling. Tanner Scott for Povich?

The Marlins are officially selling. Tanner Scott for Povich?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Tanner Scott for Povich?

• Yes
    • No

I think it is ridiculous to be interested in Scott at all, so before a poll requesting a decision on Povich versus Scott, it would be better to have a vote on whether we want Scott at all, and I vote no. They are just too many other better guys, plus Scott is terrible.

How about Adam Cimber?

Seriously I think Mike is going to roll with the guys he has, but God be praised, He got rid of Ramirez.

1 hour ago, EddeeEddee said:

Promising arms are something the O's have traded away too much of in the past. 

I can't imagine trading one of our top pitching prospects close to the majors unless it's for someone like Mason Miller, or a top starting pitcher for this season and/or next and beyond.  

I agree with both points. 

Elias is too smart to pay top dollar for last year's performance when Scott has started the season so comparatively badly.  The O's are too competitive this year to screw around with what amounts to reclamation project.

14 minutes ago, Philip said:

I think it is ridiculous to be interested in Scott at all, so before a poll requesting a decision on Povich versus Scott, it would be better to have a vote on whether we want Scott at all, and I vote no. They are just too many other better guys, plus Scott is terrible.

How about Adam Cimber?

Seriously I think Mike is going to roll with the guys he has, but God be praised, He got rid of Ramirez.

He 100% will add at least one more reliever in trade this season.

36 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He 100% will add at least one more reliever in trade this season.

I hope he adds one, a good one, but I doubt that if he makes a moves it’s anything more than a Fuji-level  guy.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if, unless there’s a meaningful injury, he stands pat.

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

So about Tanner Scott…

You seem pretty hard after the notion of Scott. I know you are not that into Miller because of the assumed asking price, but are  there any other relievers that you like who could be available?

8 hours ago, Bemorewins said:

You seem pretty hard after the notion of Scott. I know you are not that into Miller because of the assumed asking price, but are  there any other relievers that you like who could be available?

Nope. I’m only bringing up Scott because the Marlins already made a “sell” move and we need a back end reliever. I wasn’t even the biggest Tanner Scott fan when he was here, but stuff happens and he was dominant last year. 104k In 70 IP. 

8 hours ago, 24fps said:

It's 131-1 against.  My advice is to declare victory and move on.

That’s how you know it’s a fair trade. What do I care about group think?  Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I like Aaron Hicks. That’s way more unpopular.