The Marlins are officially selling. Tanner Scott for Povich?

The Marlins are officially selling. Tanner Scott for Povich?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Tanner Scott for Povich?

• Yes
    • No

Posted (edited)

The Marlins are selling right now. So factor it in that we could trade for Scott and get him right now. That’s added extra value. 

So if the trade was made today, and you wouldn’t trade Povich, then throw out a package you would trade. Contribute to the conversation. You don’t have to post “No”. “No” is a voting option. You could suggest Norby, Stowers, Johnson, etc…, but at least have a discussion.  Remember this isn’t Facebook  you just didn’t scroll through and see this on your real.  This a fan site that you had to make a UN and PW to post for.  

Scott is there for the taking if we want. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

I’m not a fan of the proposed trade, but I did want to point out that Scott’s early struggles with walks this year seem to have calmed down at least a little.  He walked 9 in his first 5.2 innings this year, and only 5 in 7.1 since then.   That’s still a very high rate, needless to say.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not a fan of the proposed trade, but I did want to point out that Scott’s early struggles with walks this year seem to have calmed down at least a little.  He walked 9 in his first 5.2 innings this year, and only 5 in 7.1 since then.   That’s still a very high rate, needless to say.  

Good take. One, we can bring him in right now without selling the farm.

Two, Josh Hader isn’t even Josh Hader this year. Tanner Scott can be Josh Hader lite like last year without all the millions.

Three, we don’t need Scott to miraculously put it all together. Just get to where he was last year. Maybe he just needs to get outta that clubhouse.

Four, we wouldn’t deplete our farm and have ammo to make other moves.

I understand we have newer/younger fans here now, you guys should look at Tanner Scott’s numbers since he’s been with the Marlins. He’s a different dude. 

I might trade one of our semi-interesting low minors arms for Scott, but probably not. He was nails last year and has been good this year, but I have faith we can unearth someone roughly as good for basically free, Depends on which arm the Marlins want, I guess.

7 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Three, we don’t need Scott to miraculously put it all together. Just get to where he was last year. Maybe he just needs to get outta that clubhouse.

I understand we have newer/younger fans here now, you guys should look at Tanner Scott’s numbers since he’s been with the Marlins. He’s a different dude. 

Well, I’d argue that last year was the one where he miraculously put it all together.  So getting him back to where he was last year is a long shot.  I don’t watch Marlins games, so I have no idea why he regressed so badly this year.   I’ll leave it to the pro scouts to determine if it’s something easily fixed, but I tend to doubt it.  And it’s not like we have room in our bullpen for a project right now.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aristotelian said:

The way he has pitched this year I might have Povich as out #4 prospect now. With our depth at other positions it is tempting to say he is our most valuable prospect (to the organization) outside of Holliday. No way I am trading him for a rental reliever. Maybe McDermott for Scott?

Ok, calm down a little on Povich.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The Marlins are selling right now. So factor it in that we could trade for Scott and get him right now. That’s added extra value. 

So if the trade was made today, and you wouldn’t trade Povich, then throw out a package you would trade. Contribute to the conversation. You don’t have to post “No”. “No” is a voting option. You could suggest Norby, Stowers, Johnson, etc…, but at least have a discussion.  Remember this isn’t Facebook  you just didn’t scroll through and see this on your real.  This a fan site that you had to make a UN and PW to post for.  

Scott is there for the taking if we want. 

We don’t want. Not even if he’s free.

My gosh, didn’t you watch him when he was here?

last time I checked, so far this season he has a 1.6 whip, four blown saves against one save, and an additional blown save that the Marlins came back to win for him.

and that’s in about 30 games.

and you want to bring him back?

Hard Pass.

And you must write 500 times,” we don’t want Tanner Scott.”

Look at his 2023 numbers. If he were at these levels it would be much more than Povich. He was Josh Hader last season. So we’d be buying low and getting immediate help.

I would trade Povich for him all day. Probably makes sense to throw Baumann in too. 

IMG_5390.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok, calm down a little on Povich.

Where would you put him?  I’d like to see what happens the next 4-6 weeks, but I could see a case for top four if he continues to dominate in AAA.  Tony has him 6th in the power rankings with Kjerstad and Beavers in the 4/5 spots.  I’m not ready to put Povich above those two, but it’s not a ridiculous position.  

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Look at his 2023 numbers. If he were at these levels it would be much more than Povich. He was Josh Hader last season. So we’d be buying low and getting immediate help.

I would trade Povich for him all day. Probably makes sense to throw Baumann in too. 

IMG_5390.jpeg

That’s wonderful, but this isn’t 2023.   

• Upvote 3

Ever get the feeling that sometimes people start topics after having a few two many adult beverages?

Tanner Scott? Seriously, this has to be a belated April Fool's joke, right?

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Where would you put him?  I’d like to see what happens the next 4-6 weeks, but I could see a case for top four if he continues to dominate in AAA.  Tony has him 6th in the power rankings with Kjerstad and Beavers in the 4/5 spots.  I’m not ready to put Povich above those two, but it’s not a ridiculous position.  

It’s not so much the ranking as saying he may be the more important than Mayo and Basallo.  That’s a bit much and yes I get the idea that he’s a pitcher and we need that but high end elite talent is always more important and valuable.