The Marlins are officially selling. Tanner Scott for Povich?

The Marlins are officially selling. Tanner Scott for Povich?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Tanner Scott for Povich?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Look at his 2023 numbers. If he were at these levels it would be much more than Povich. He was Josh Hader last season. So we’d be buying low and getting immediate help.

I would trade Povich for him all day. Probably makes sense to throw Baumann in too. 

IMG_5390.jpeg

This is all well and good, but go look at the other 7 years. They all look the same and just one year looks like 2023. That's called an outlier.

20 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

For what position?  Bats aren’t something we are lacking or need.

We already have one OF in bubble wrap, we don't need a 2nd in Chisholm.

31 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It’s some Splenda to sweeten the deal.

Exactly. Might as well give them Baumann or we will just DFA him. 

I don’t need a reliever’s last 7 years body of work. I need to try and get that 104 K year he had just last year. 

It’s not Mason Miller or bust for us. We could get Scott now then reevaluate. 

Just now, sportsfan8703 said:

Exactly. Might as well give them Baumann or we will just DFA him. 

I don’t need a reliever’s last 7 years body of work. I need to try and get that 104 K year he had just last year. 

It’s not Mason Miller or bust for us. We could get Scott now then reevaluate. 

It was a joke.  No trade value.  No calories.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

There's a big difference between having an ERA below 2 in low A vs AAA.  Let's cool the jets on De Leon until he proves something at a higher level.

He’s better at his age than Povich has basically ever been. Higher K rate, better walk rate, great HR rate and high Gb rate.

As a prospect, he’s better. Doesn’t mean he will be the better pitcher.

Povich has had a good month.  He was inconsistent and unreliable throughout his whole pro career (although good potential) up until this April.  

Posted (edited)

Here’s the thing with Povich,

What role does he have on the 2024 and 2025 teams?  He’s not cracking either team’s rotation and he’s not better as a LH RP than Coloumbe, Akin, or Perez. So at best he’s an up/down depth reliever for us. He’s worth more than that. So trade him to a 2nd division team that can try him out as a SP.

He’s in a similar boat as DL Hall. Just without the grade 80 FB. So we used Hall to get Burnes. Now we use Povich to get Scott. 

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What role does he have on the 2024 and 2025 teams?  He’s not cracking either team’s rotation and he’s not better as a LH RP than Coloumbe, Akin, or Perez. So at best he’s an up/down depth reliever for us. He’s worth more than that. So trade him to a 2nd division team that can try him out as a SP. 

I'm not sure how you've come to the conclusion that a LHP that misses a ton of bats has no role on this team either this year or next.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Wells is I believe a permanent reliever now - Burnes and Means are gone.

The first 5 games for the 2025 Orioles perhaps belong to Kyle Bradish, Grayson Rodriguez, Cole Irvin, Dean Kremer and Cade Povich on paper until a trade for Dylan Cease or whatever 2025 rental occurs.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Only if the relief pitching is an elite back end, high leverage guy who is clearly better than what we already have back there. Or a solid bullpen piece (Akin caliber) with options.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be someone with options or even any remaining years of control. Someone to pitch in the 7th/8th and maybe the 9th every once in a while. We’ve got good relief pitchers but they all (like most RP) have a penchant for forgetting how to do their job for stretches. It’s good to have back ups for your back ups. And to be honest, and even contradict myself…when Wells comes back, he’ll make a great reliever. So the answer could already be in the organization. I just don’t see guys like Coulombe, Webb, Akin and even Cano pitching lights out over a whole season. And if anything, my concerns over the bullpen being the weak spot on the club is more of a testament to how good this team really is. 

5 hours ago, Matt Bennett said:

Cabrera to the minors? Bender takes Baumann's spot? Though I thought you had said you didn't agree with letting Baumann go. 

I wouldn't trade Maury Povich for Tanner Scott. Cade Povich...OH HELL NO!!

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

For what position?  Bats aren’t something we are lacking or need.

If Cedric can no longer hit, stick him CF. Maybe an overreaction but I just dont like what ive seen from Cedric this year and he's borderline unplayable vs a lefty. 

3 minutes ago, Dunk35 said:

If Cedric can no longer hit, stick him CF. Maybe an overreaction but I just dont like what ive seen from Cedric this year and he's borderline unplayable vs a lefty. 

But we have other options if that happens and we shouldn’t be trading assets for areas we don’t really need.