Stowers is back to Orioles, Kjerstad optioned

eddie83

9 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Makes no sense but I hope Stowers can show he's ready in the 7 or 8 at bats per week he's gonna get.

It makes sense because Kjerstad is the better prospect and should be getting the at bats.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Sports Guy said:

It makes sense because Kjerstad is the better prospect and should be getting the at bats.

And to a lesser degree, Stowers is a better defender (more innings in CF this year than either of the corners) and therefore a more sensible bench player. 

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Makes no sense but I hope Stowers can show he's ready in the 7 or 8 at bats per week he's gonna get.

7 or 8?   Sounds optimistic.

14 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

That's fair.  It's just odd that they brought Kjerstad up for any kind of time if they didn't have a plan to play him.  But we've discussed that ad nauseum.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Okay, give him a start tonight

I can't imagine Mullins is benched for much longer. And Stowers won't start over Cowser or O'Hearn. Same issues as Kjerstad, except he just makes more sense as a bench player. 

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

I can't imagine Mullins is benched for much longer. And Stowers won't start over Cowser or O'Hearn. Same issues as Kjerstad, except he just makes more sense as a bench player. 

He could start to give Mountcastle or Santander some rest. He could also start for Cowser vs LHP; even though Stowers is LHB, he has more even splits.

8 minutes ago, TopGunnar said:

I’m not going to question Elias but I dont understand not giving Kjersted more of a chance.  Kjersted and Norby have to be 1 and 2 on the trade bait power rankings. 

Elias is doing a great job, but if Kjerstad doesn't end up getting trade at the deadline, I hope he actually gets a chance to play if called up later this season.

Stowers is more of  4th outfielder/DH type so it makes more sense for him to be the bench guy vs Kjerstad.  It's clear Hyde/Orioles have no intention of getting these backups any type of a regular playing time. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Stowers is more of  4th outfielder/DH type so it makes more sense for him to be the bench guy vs Kjerstad.  It's clear Hyde/Orioles have no intention of getting these backups any type of a regular playing time. 

The OF bat that needs the bench time on the big club, doesn't really have a big-hitting option to field the position...

36 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

That's fair.  It's just odd that they brought Kjerstad up for any kind of time if they didn't have a plan to play him.  But we've discussed that ad nauseum.  

Yes, bringing up Stowers was the right move to begin with.

That said, the Os may have played HK more IF he had hit immediately. He looked bad the first game and it’s almost like they buried him immediately.

• Upvote 1