Birds08

Posted (edited)

Baumann in his Seattle debut:

4 pitch walk (1 wild pitch)

101 MPH, 380 foot sac fly

4 pitch walk (steal and wild pitch)

101 MPH ground out

12 pitches, 3 strikes 

I would like to see him do well but appearances like that are why he was DFA’d in the first place.

Edited by LGOrioles
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

But I’m convinced the best RP in AAA is Luis Gonzalez. I don’t think he has options and he’s a lefty, so they probably will keep him stashed in AAA for now rather than lock up another non-optionable roster spot. 

Luis Gonzalez has all 3 options available but his left-handedness may be a barrier given the current bullpen composition.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

Baumann in his Seattle debut:

4 pitch walk (1 wild pitch)

101 MPH, 380 foot sac fly

4 pitch walk (steal and wild pitch)

101 MPH ground out

12 pitches, 3 strikes 

I would like to see him do well but appearances like that are why he was DFA’d in the first place.

That's always been Baumann's issue for a hard thrower it doesn't prevent him from giving up hard contact to opposing hitters. Plus his control is hit or miss.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

Blake Hunt (25) was not ranked in MLB Pipeline's Mariners' Top 30 prospects list in March.  Though he is ranked #30 elsewhere.  Tony has Maverick Handley (26) as our #29 prospect, so I imagine both prospects may be similarly rated.  Hunt, could have more upside, but it's hard to say.  Both could be in the mix for the backup spot in Baltimore next season.

Those Mariners don’t waste any time.  101?   I think I saw him hit 99 once with the Orioles.  Did he ever touch 100?   Now he’s hitting 101?   The trade adrenaline must have kicked in.

54 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

Hey, the shirt just says future Orioles, which definitely happened... it makes no claims, however, about them being in the organization longer than the next fifteen minutes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Those Mariners don’t waste any time.  101?   I think I saw him hit 99 once with the Orioles.  Did he ever touch 100?   Now he’s hitting 101?   The trade adrenaline must have kicked in.

I think he was talking about EV, not pitch velocity. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

Hey, the shirt just says future Orioles, which definitely happened... it makes no claims, however, about them being in the organization longer than the next fifteen minutes.

They just need a disclaimer:

*Quality of MLB career not guaranteed.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Warehouse said:

Luis Gonzalez has all 3 options available but his left-handedness may be a barrier given the current bullpen composition.

If they don't use him, I wonder if Elias swings him in a small trade. He actually has some value by NOT being on the 40 man roster