The 2024 Trade Deadline

13 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Elias is not reporting he had a call on Crochet for sure. Makes me worry that someone like Cal could be leaking that information. I know I will get killed on that but last year we didn’t hear any rumors on who the Orioles were going after. Flaherty thing all happened last minute and Fuji was out of nowhere.

Hey maybe it came from the White Sox. Who knows.

Agreed, I bet it was CHW to stir the value pool.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

How is it you think we should/could trade garbage for Ragans but then suggest this deal for that package? 

Well …Id offer Holiday or Basallo for Ragans. But, I’m assuming KC would want to win now. I was focused on improving their talent with Major League players. 

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

How is it you think we should/could trade garbage for Ragans but then suggest this deal for that package? 

Further ….Mountcastle would be KCs best hitter. I’m betting Urias likely is much better playing everyday. Irvin has been a decent starter. Don’t really think these guys are garbage. And are clear upgrades offensively for KC. The prospect offerings could be changed. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Further ….Mountcastle would be KCs best hitter. I’m betting Urias likely is much better playing everyday. Irvin has been a decent starter. Don’t really think these guys are garbage. And are clear upgrades offensively for KC. The prospect offerings could be changed. 

Hold up a second.

Are you saying Mountcastle is a better hitter than Witt?  I'm not sure he's better than Perez.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I wonder if Kopech just needs a change of scenery.

How about Crochet and Fedde/Kopech 

For Basallo, Norby, McDermott, Stowers, and Irvin

Basallo is untouchable. Just think of it this way… pretend like we don’t have the big 3. Pretend we just have Basallo. He might be Yordan Alvarez at C. 

We have plenty 4-40 to get Scherzer or Kikuchi. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He is not a FA until 2029, so the Reds may want to keep him. However, at age 34 I doubt he is in their long term plans. He is like the Reds version of Suarez except with a 15 K/9.

Sounds good; they are thin at OF and 1B even in the minors.  Jud Fabian?

Edited by 25 Nuggets

I don’t think it’s a big deal about the report that the Orioles made a call about Crochet. That’s just Elias doing his job and professional due diligence. I’m sure he has and is making a lot of “calls”.

I also don’t see teams like KC or SEA trading their best pitchers for players like Mountcastle, Urias, Hays, etc. That is a net negative for those teams. They are actually trying to win too and have very smart people running their orgs. The chances of us shedding spare parts for prime time pieces are very very slim. It is not likely that we are going to swindle anyone. It’s more likely to be a value for value exchange.

• Upvote 2