The 2024 Trade Deadline

I hate when these idiots say Basallo is blocked.  Why couldn't he replace what McCann currently does?  Plus Basallo's bat translates to DH as well, which McCann obviously doesn't.  If I'm the GM no way I trade any of the big three.

As an aside, is there no way Mayo can play 3B in the bigs?  Move Westy to 2B?   I heard Mayo's D has improved at 3B at Norfolk.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, jamesenoch said:

Funny how bad this guy is with names but whatever. Giants definitely have some interesting trade chips. I feel like Snell is more of a salary dump than significant trade chip. He will still have 47 million left on his deal in terms of deferred money and salary. The Giants would have to eat a portion of that and still not giving up big 3. Would give up 5-7 good prospects for both. 

4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Everything Trout has said this whole time points to him wanting to stay with the Angels.

Yeah I also read about Trout wanting to stay with the Angels . I don’t know why he would want continue playing with them . The A’s been slapping Angels around this weekend 

8 hours ago, jamesenoch said:

So ……. I listened to the part about Duvall. Not sure why Elias would bring in a reliever with a 4+ ERA and a WHIP of 1.5. That’s basically putting gas on the fire. I know its allegedly a Nightengale rumor. 

He then brings up Snell who so far has a 6.31 ERA in 8 starts. He mentions rumors to the Yankees and Dodgers. Says Yankees have Dominquez (the #25 prospect in Baseball).  He then says he doesn’t know if they’d be willing to trade him or not. 

With that I quit listening…. As I anticipated him saying why not the Orioles, they have Holliday, Basallo , and Mayo that would be interesting.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Mentioned Basallo “ He’s the real Deal”

You want Duvall and Snell? Take Basallo and get both 😂

Hes Blocked (two or three ties) 

This is the guy he wants to see the Giants GM with their underperforming reliever and SP.

Edited by Roll Tide

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So ……. I listened to the part about Duvall. Not sure why Elias would bring in a reliever with a 4+ ERA and a WHIP of 1.5. That’s basically putting gas on the fire. I know its allegedly a Nightengale rumor. 

He then brings up Snell who so far has a 6.31 ERA in 8 starts. He mentions rumors to the Yankees and Dodgers. Says Yankees have Dominquez (the #25 prospect in Baseball).  He then says he doesn’t know if they’d be willing to trade him or not. 

With that I quit listening…. As I anticipated him saying why not the Orioles, they have Holliday, Basallo , and Mayo that would be interesting.

Doval has past success and is the type of pitcher Elias targets. 

5 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Doval has past success and is the type of pitcher Elias targets. 

So the idea of the deadline is to make the team better for the stretch. Guys having bad years are only targets when you don’t want to give anything away. No one should be surprised with performances by Fuji and Flaherty last year. Elias got exactly what he paid for. Hopefully he’s not foolish enough to take that approach again. 

19 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

So the idea of the deadline is to make the team better for the stretch. Guys having bad years are only targets when you don’t want to give anything away. No one should be surprised with performances by Fuji and Flaherty last year. Elias got exactly what he paid for. Hopefully he’s not foolish enough to take that approach again. 

Doval and Fuji are not comparable. Like I said previously he has a track record. He’s had 50 percent of his runs allowed in two games. One against the Yankees for 4 runs which was a blown save. The other the time they brought him in for some work in a 13-2 game against the Angels. 30 out of 39 appearances have been scoreless.

16 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Doval and Fuji are not comparable. Like I said previously he has a track record. He’s had 50 percent of his runs allowed in two games. One against the Yankees for 4 runs which was a blown save. The other the time they brought him in for some work in a 13-2 game against the Angels. 30 out of 39 appearances have been scoreless.

I guess you could also argue Snell is scoreless in his last 2 starts,  still not giving them Basallo.

I guess I’d do Horvath, Bright, Norby, and a DSL lottery type or two for both. But, I still think Basallo or Dominquez from the Yankees is a pipe dream.

Edited by Roll Tide

9 hours ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

Funny how bad this guy is with names but whatever. Giants definitely have some interesting trade chips. I feel like Snell is more of a salary dump than significant trade chip. He will still have 47 million left on his deal in terms of deferred money and salary. The Giants would have to eat a portion of that and still not giving up big 3. Would give up 5-7 good prospects for both. 

I think he has an opt out after (not that he would) after 2024. Another example (so far) of a bad contract (at least its only 2 years. it would definitely not take a big 3 to headline.

4 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

I think he has an opt out after (not that he would) after 2024. Another example (so far) of a bad contract (at least its only 2 years. it would definitely not take a big 3 to headline.

He's a good bet for the second half too. He's not a 6+ ERA guy.

8 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

He's a good bet for the second half too. He's not a 6+ ERA guy.

Agree, when hes good, hes good, but if you pay a top 3 prospect, then basically what the Giants get for their 30 million is a half year(plus) of Snell and when it does not work, you flip him for Holliday or Mayo. I think Giant fans are going to underwhelmed by the return.