The 2024 Trade Deadline

2 minutes ago, G54377 said:

Orioles trade: Mac Horvath, Jud Fabian, Alex Pham

Cubs trade: Jameson Taillon and eat 1/2 of remaining salary. (Orioles pay $9 million/year for 25,26)

Yay/Nay?

In this scarce starting pitching trade market, with more mouths than meals, I think they could probably do better from somebody if they are eating that much salary. 

This is one time that I kind of don't like having the internet and have learned and followed all out minor leaguers for so many years.  I have been reading stuff on Mayo for four years.  It makes me nervous at the trade deadline about losing a guy I am fond of. 

Before the year 2000 I never really knew anything about what we had in the minors.  We might occasionally hear something once in a while but not much.  So when a trade for a MLB player for a bunch of minor league guys always felt painless.

No not so much.  

The Bradish, Means injuries are going to cost us a blue chip prospect we probably never would of traded.  It kind of sucks. 

11 minutes ago, G54377 said:

Orioles trade: Mac Horvath, Jud Fabian, Alex Pham

Cubs trade: Jameson Taillon and eat 1/2 of remaining salary. (Orioles pay $9 million/year for 25,26)

Yay/Nay?

I think a number of teams will be in on Taillon. So this trade probably wont be enough for the Cub's.

42 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Take with a grain of salt 

I’m not trading Mayo for Bednar

This could have been last year when Bednar was an elite closer with 4 years of control and Mayo was more of 25-40 prospect.

22 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Ummmmm you realize it should be “They’re,” right?

🙂

In a post where he says “I’m smart…” that’s hilarious.  And yes, I was tempted to spell where “were.”

15 minutes ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

This could have been last year when Bednar was an elite closer with 4 years of control and Mayo was more of 25-40 prospect.

I guess you can't fault the Pirates for trying to sell high on a reliever. Still....no.