The 2024 Trade Deadline

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

After we trade Cowser, Mayo will be up. If Mayo is still here.

Maybe like Cowser, Norby, Mullins, and Johnson for Robert. Let the CWS trade Mullins. 

Who plays center for Robert the other 60+ games when he is injured if Cowser and Mullins are traded?  

• Upvote 1

Morosi reporting this afternoon Jays listening past rentals.     Tonight Bo Bichette aggravated a leg injury I suspect he has been trying to grind through - as I type they are about to bat down a run in the bottom of the 9th.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/40589919/mlb-all-star-week-buzz-trade-deadline-rumors-latest-intel-free-agency-garrett-crochet-juan-soto

What other intel did you hear during All-Star Week?

Passan: The immediate future of Garrett Crochet, 25, will depend on whether a contending team believes he can continue as a starter for the remainder of the season in spite of a massive innings jump. Wariness from other front offices surrounds the All-Star who threw more innings in the first half (107⅓) than he had over the previous four seasons (73). A healthy Crochet is elite, one of the most talented pitchers in the major leagues, but the White Sox have no intentions of taking less talent in return for him because acquiring teams might want to limit him this year and fully unleash him in 2025 and 2026. Before the end of the calendar year, Crochet will be wearing another uniform. Whether it's before the end of this season comes down to a team being willing to pay the price a top starter would typically draw for three playoff runs.

16 minutes ago, vab said:

Bassitt should be high-up on the list of SP targets. He can help the rest of the year and be an anchor for next year's rotation. 

Agreed, clear improvement, durable and shouldn’t cost any of the top 3. 

13 hours ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, Feldman only cost us Arrieta and Strop.  Not much, considering we also got back Steve Clevenger.  

Shoooooot. I forgot that was the Arrieta trade. Whoops. He was so miserable for us at that time it was stored in my brain as nothing apparently. 

That one ended up being a real stinker. Feldman was an average 3 month rental. We all know what Arrieta became, and Strop rebounded in Chicago and both had plenty of service time left. 

Let’s try not to repeat that one. Or Bud Norris for that matter 😬

Edited by Grt 2BA FL Gator

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

image.thumb.jpeg.dfb8e46b297ceda6be26aa2d7e519357.jpeg

Bassitt’s statcast page is very underwhelming

It's not but he's been remarkably consistent for 3 years now with 2.8, 2.6 and 2.0 (and counting fWAR). He hasn't really outperformed his FIP by much in those years. There is nothing sexy here, but he'd probably be our 2nd best starter this season. I hope they do better, personally.

🤔 I would love to get Miller, but it's long shot at best.

Latest On Mason Miller’s Trade Market

Oakland general manager David Forst will receive no shortage of trade calls over the next week and a half. Jon Heyman of the New York Post wrote last night that the Orioles are among the teams with interest in Miller. Heyman adds that Baltimore also remains connected to old friend Tanner Scott, to whom they’ve been linked for the better part of two months. The O’s are generally expected to land a high-leverage reliever who can either supplant Craig Kimbrel as closer or bridge the gap to the ninth inning.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

Bassit has proven for about 7 years now that he is a 3.5 ERA type guy.  He's been durable the last 3+ years. And he's under control for next year. 

As long as the return is reasonable, why not?

I've kept an eye on Bassitt extra relative to the field since he has that Lyles-Gibson near perfect health track record Elias values and because he's Orioles Hangout message board famous.

1.5 years ago, Elias didn't want to pay a "better Kyle Gibson" the multi-year contract they could command.    Where are we now?

1 hour ago, Malike said:

I'd hate to see Norby in a Jays uniform for the next 6 years.

Or Stowers frankly. Maybe they should just gift us Bassitt “ooo sooorry for the whole Duquette thing, eh?”

Didn't see any part of tonight's game.  But imo this is why you pay a guy like a Sandy (as I have said since day 1) and play him in the OF for the next 3 to 5 years.  Trade some of our high expectation....but unproven talent....for what we really need.

Cheap and controllable pitching. 

Not only is he a very steady player, but he is a great asset in the clubhouse.  Everyone likes him.

N b 4 Can of corn calls me out for derailing this thread and saying my opinion is ridiculous. 

Edited by OnlyOneOriole