Saturday 6/1 vs the Devil Rays with Bradish on the mound.

Good job Webb.   I think he's already burned for tomorrow, so I'd say go another inning with him if possible [note that I haven't looked at the TB order to see if a cluster of lefties is due, that could change that decision[.

Even if it burns him for two days.   We are going to have to use at least 5.1 innings of bullpen to get through this game.   Getting 2.1 (or at least a few outs in the 5th) from Webb would be a great start.

1 minute ago, O's84 said:

It's a huge worry, I was kinda factoring that in.

Tampa used 7 guys on Thursday in extra innings, and only got 5.1 innings out of Civale last night. At least we are coming off an off day. They are making Bradley wear this.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

My point is that he DOES have a flaw in how he uses his pitchers, but in my opinion it is NOT in leaving his starters in too long.   I think he has too quick a hook.  I think he uses too many pitchers.

I don't think Bradish was left in "too long" today either.   You have to give a good pitcher a chance to work out of it.   As long as he isn't hurting and his pitch count isn't high.  

I think the stats tell Elias and his computer guys what to do and they stick with it.  Like using five or more relief pitchers a game when old school fans remember guys like Stoddard or Tippy coming in the fifth inning and going the rest of the way and we dont know why people dont do that anymore.  But the stats guys think they know the answers and they would rather use five guys for 15 pitches than one guy for 70.  

Its just weird to us old fans.  Sometimes I think the team COULD use a long guy.  A guy who gets you three innings or more of work.  You never see those guys. 

• Upvote 1