O's @ Yankees Series, June 18-20 (Tues-Thurs)

The Yankees pitchers have hit 40 batters to the Orioles 24 batters this year. And O’s batters have been hit 32 times to the Yankees 25 times. There’s nothing wrong with what he said as nobody likes to get hit, but the Yankees are the ones who clearly like to pitch in. Hopefully his feelings aren’t too hurt. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LGOrioles said:

The Yankees pitchers have hit 40 batters to the Orioles 24 batters this year. And O’s batters have been hit 32 times to the Yankees 25 times. There’s nothing wrong with what he said as nobody likes to get hit, but the Yankees are the ones who clearly like to pitch in. Hopefully his feelings aren’t too hurt. 

My bad on this. I should’ve watched the whole clip.  Judge later says that the Yankees have hit plenty of guys on accident too. And that it’s part of the game.  The part where he says he was pissed was essentially clipped and taken out of context  

Baseball is funny because I feel like long stretches can pass without runner interference occurring, and now we've had three in a few weeks.     Soto incurring two...I wouldn't guess many individuals have more than one a season.

The only thing I don't like is that the question was if he was angry at Suarez. If I get injured, I may be mad at the world or the game, but I'm not mad at a player unless it was dirty. To his credit, if we parse the statement, the reporter used past tense, so if he is just referring to his feeling in the heat of the moment, I would give him a pass. 

Here are some of the 20 years old pitcher manager talking points from Mark Prior and Barry Bonds in case Gerrit Cole has any business with prominent Orioles tonight.    The story reminded me it was just about a month into Dusty's Cubs tenure after the Giants for whatever the reason was let Dusty go after three 90-win seasons.

https://www.myplainview.com/news/article/Prior-Hits-Bonds-in-Leg-With-Pitch-8923926.php

There is going to be a lot of build up for the Yankees targeting our players tonight. I think the Orioles should send videos of Cole, Verdugo, the Yankees coaching staff last night. Not to say hey we accidentally hit there guy and  they may hit one of ours back today. To say if they head hunt today, we may take it into our hands. If I’m Adley or Ohearn today and Cole throws high at Gunnar, I would have to go deal with it. Injuring players or head hunting is not a part of the game. Judge is 6’7 and stands on top of the plate. You pitch a tall guy inside because you do not want there hands to get extended. Suarez couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn last night. Gunnar was brushed to the ground against the Phillies and brushed back by Yankees last night. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Of course DB can't take a joke.

Yankees are pissed but they're stupid.  They think Suarez would try to hit him intentionally...in a game like that, in a situation like that where we're trying to win and not give them baserunners.  As @Sports Guylikes to say, it's the height of stupidity.

With no ceiling. One thing I found interesting when they asked Judge if he was going to play or would be day to day he said I want to be in the lineup, especially against this team, which I found flattering.

11 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

The O's are unlucky for this Yankees series. The Yankees face the lower O's pitching rotation, The O's lost Bradish, and Westburg is hurt for this series. The O's are the underdog for this series.

Nobody feels bad for the O's in this series. Suarez and the pen actually pitched well enough to keep the O's in the game, the offense stunk, especially with the early opportunities.

6 minutes ago, Malike said:

Nobody feels bad for the O's in this series. Suarez and the pen actually pitched well enough to keep the O's in the game, the offense stunk, especially with the early opportunities.

I feel sorry for the O's.  The O's are playing and they are in our division, the riches team in sports period.  They are richer than the Dodgers. They are clearly the evil empire.  I never feel sorry for the Yankees and if they get injured.  I root for 2 teams, The O's are first and 2nd I root for the Yankees to lose. Have no mercy for the Yankees!!!!

Edited by oriolediehard

5 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I feel sorry for the O's.  The O's are playing and they are in our division, the riches team in sports period.  They are richer than the Dodgers. They are clearly the evil empire.  I never feel sorry for the Yankees and if they get injured.  I root for 2 teams, The O's are first and 2nd I root for the Yankees to lose. Have no mercy for the Yankees!!!!

I hate the Yankees as much as anyone but I would never celebrate their players getting injured, it's bad for baseball when stars are hurt. Either the Orioles are good enough to beat them or they aren't, we definitely have more talent up and down the roster 1-9.

• Upvote 1