Sunday 6/23 vs. Houston

elextrano8

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Thing is there simply aren’t many SP ‘s available. 

I don’t think the price was less had he acted sooner. There are few sellers. No need for them not to ask for the moon. 

He didn’t overpay for Burnes. The time to make a deal was before ST. He knew them about the issues with Bradish and Means, though Im not sure whether he knew about Wells.

The comment was made that in getting Burnes he was only treading water, given the pitching problems, and it was the best time to get another one. Waiting only increased the demand and the price.

43 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

The whining about the cheating is so exhausting and lazy.  That regime is long gone and anything the Astros do, people want to discredit it as cheating because they don’t know how to cope. 

Altuve is a Hall of Famer, with or without a trashcan. Alvarez is one of the best hitters in the game. Tucker is one of the best players in the game. They still have a good bit of talent. 

I think until all players and coaches that were on those teams are retired or gone, people will talk about it. And it's fair. They brought it on themselves.

Just now, Philip said:

He didn’t overpay for Burnes. The time to make a deal was before ST. He knew them about the issues with Bradish and Means, though Im not sure whether he knew about Wells.

The comment was made that in getting Burnes he was only treading water, given the pitching problems, and it was the best time to get another one. Waiting only increased the demand and the price.

That’s fair to an extent. I’m guessing he had hopes for Means. 

Also wanted to let season play out some.