Would the Orioles consider Trevor Bauer ?

6 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Written 2 years ago.  By the Wash Post.   A VERY left leaning Me Too publication.  And well before at least 2 accusers were shown to be frauding.

Cmon.

Left-leaning really has nothing to do with it.  Not long ago liberal Hollywood, the media, etc. was accused of protecting abusers like Roman Polanski and many others. 

Of course there will always be fraudsters who try to take advantage of celebs.  But if this kind of stuff was merely fraud we would surely be hearing it about a cross section of athletes and celebs.  If this stuff was primarily fraud it's so unlikely it would be so strange and so limited to a single athlete. 

I am curious as to what you anti signing guys of TB  think is going to happen to the Os if they do sign him?

Massive Me Too revolt by the Orioles players?

MLB bans the Os from ever playing again?

All female fans of the Os will stop going to games?

Orioles will never win again because team morale became so low...all because they signed a guy, who has never been charged or convicted for anything?

Your religious values would make you never be an Os fan again?

What exactly is the issue here?

Tell me  why a guy with his  talent, who is cheap, and with a hunger to win, who again has never been convicted, much less charged with anything.....should not be signed?

Be specific.

6 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am curious as to what you anti signing guys of TB  think is going to happen to the Os if they do sign him?

Orioles will never win again because team morale became so low...all because they signed a guy, who has never been charged or convicted for anything?

Tell me  why a guy with his  talent, who is cheap, and with a hunger to win, who again has never been convicted, much less charged with anything.....should not be signed?

Be specific.

I’m curious as to what your understanding of the me too movement is. 

For me he’s just proven countless times to be a disruptive force.  Regardless of whether you think he was extorted or not. 

• Upvote 1

If we sign him I’ll be subjected to his creepy tweets and videos in an Orioles uniform.   I’ll have to root for him to be good instead of getting bombed.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Be specific.

It’s a little confused and hard for me to understand that someone who is as accomplished as you claim to be cannot understand this?

If ANY of those things are at stake, it is not worth it!

David Rubenstien is running a business and he cannot afford to alienate his customer base as he is trying to repair the image/brand of the Orioles (after so many years of damage) in this marketplace. 

Like how familiar are you with this marketplace (Baltimore metropolitan area)? The Orioles brand is on the rise and more popular than it’s been in years. Have you been to the stadium this season? Are you unable to see/read that?

Last question, why are you soooooo willing to advocate and go to bat for someone who has been accused of so much (as it relates to legal matters and as it relates to being a good teammate and decent human)?

If his presence can upset team chemistry (at the very minimum) as it most certainly will given his propensity to do things that are upsetting to teammates, would it be worth it to mess up what the Orioles have going on right now? As the great athlete and talent evaluator you portray yourself to be, surely you understand why team chemistry is important?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

It’s a little confused and hard for me to understand that someone who is as accomplished as you claim to be cannot understand this?

David Rubenstien is running a business and he cannot afford to alienate his customer base as he is trying to repair the image/brand of the Orioles (after so many years of damage) in this marketplace. 

Like how familiar are you with this marketplace (Baltimore metropolitan area)? The Orioles brand is on the rise and more popular than it’s been in years. Have you been to the stadium this season? Are you unable to see/read that?

Last question, why are you soooooo willing to advocate and go to bat for someone who has been accused of so much (as it relates to legal matters and as it relates to being a good teammate and decent human)?

If his presence can upset team chemistry (at the very minimum) as it most certainly will given his propensity to do things that are upsetting to teammates, would it be worth it to mess up what the Orioles have going on right now? As the great athlete and talent evaluator you portray yourself to be, surely you understand why team chemistry is important?

Thank you. 

His YouTube videos are the most interesting, gripping and entertaining first hand baseball videos ever detailed.

Simply fascinating what goes on in the mind of a baseball player. More thought provoking and real than the drivel you see with Jeter, Ortiz, etc.

A man willing to to play in Japan and Mexico deserves a shot at redemption if the talent   warrants  it.

5 minutes ago, catseyepub said:

His YouTube videos are the most interesting, gripping and entertaining first hand baseball videos ever detailed.

Simply fascinating what goes on in the mind of a baseball player. More thought provoking and real than the drivel you see with Jeter, Ortiz, etc.

A man willing to to play in Japan and Mexico deserves a shot at redemption if the talent   warrants  it.

I can promise you that almost all of the people here who are saying he is an idiot who never deserves to play in MLB again?   All because they are White Knights upholding women's virtue?  A woman who lied her face off?  Have not watched any of the videos I have posted today. 

They prefer to remain uniformed.  Which is fine.  But then don't criticize people who actually took the time to look into the situation and are informed. 

26 minutes ago, joelala said:

I’m curious as to what your understanding of the me too movement is. 

For me he’s just proven countless times to be a disruptive force.  Regardless of whether you think he was extorted or not. 

Me too is a far left progressive feminist movement/propaganda meant to not just create equal rights for women...which is fine....but to make men lower than women when it comes to equality AND equity. 

It is DEI on steroids. 

22 minutes ago, Bemorewins said:

I am utterly amazed at the amount of White Knights on this forum.  How many times can I say it.  I was accused by a woman doing just about what Bauer was accused of, and I was 10 miles away and no where near her when she said it happened.  I have first hand experience in this.  She wanted to get back at me for breaking up with her...period.  And she was proven to be a liar.  Just like Bauer's accusers have been.

I always laugh at how websites like Only Fans and other Cuck sites not only exist...but thrive.   But one has to look no further than this thread to see why men will bend over backwards and give literally their life savings to a woman..all in the hopes that she will give him the time of day.  I see it over and over and over.  

We have men on here who are still willing, even after these women have proven to be liars, to take the word over a man who has never been charged with a crime. 

Last I knew this country's justice system was innocent until proven guilty.  I guess that doesn't hold true on this forum if a woman accuses a man of....just about anything.

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I can promise you that almost all of the people here who are saying he is an idiot who never deserves to play in MLB again?   All because they are White Knights upholding women's virtue?  A woman who lied her face off?  Have not watched any of the videos I have posted today. 

They prefer to remain uniformed.  Which is fine.  But then don't criticize people who actually took the time to look into the situation and are informed. 

There you go again.  I watched his Mexican League video long before you posted it on here.  I also saw his spring video against the Dodger minor leaguers.  I also saw his video talking about his accuser. 

Let’s talk about baseball in the Dominican again.  Talk about uninformed.  

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Be specific.

Probably mainly legal liability.  It doesn't matter if he was ever convicted or will be ever convicted.  OJ Simpson wasn't found guilty in the criminal case, but he lost the civil case.  

It's pretty obvious through the investigation the league and the police found enough evidence to believe he's an abuser.  Even if the abuse he dished out maybe wasn't enough to prosecute him, there was enough there to warn off the league and the teams from employing someone that could get them sued for millions if in the future he's up to his old behavior again.  It doesn't matter what you believe.  If the league discovered enough to believe he's a repeat abuser, they don't want to be exposed to the possibility of lawsuits. 

On another note, players and fans probably don't want a guy like that around their sisters and daughters -- or anyone else.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

I am utterly amazed at the amount of White Knights on this forum.  How many times can I say it.  I was accused by a woman doing just about what Bauer was accused of, and I was 10 miles away and no where near her when she said it happened.  I have first hand experience in this.  She wanted to get back at me for breaking up with her...period.  And she was proven to be a liar.  Just like Bauer's accusers have been.

I always laugh at how websites like Only Fans and other Cuck sites not only exist...but thrive.   But one has to look no further than this thread to see why men will bend over backwards and give literally their life savings to a woman..all in the hopes that she will give him the time of day.  I see it over and over and over.  

We have men on here who are still willing, even after these women have proven to be liars, to take the word over a man who has never been charged with a crime. 

Last I knew this country's justice system was innocent until proven guilty.  I guess that doesn't hold true on this forum if a woman accuses a man of....just about anything.

Some of the things you say leave me at a loss for words. And make me feel sorry for you. From the words you speak on this forum, it makes it sound like you have serious issues/hatred toward women, amongst other groups.

I don’t know what “White Knight” means and don’t really care to. I am a married heterosexual man who is extremely happily married and I have two daughters. I don’t need to pay a woman for anything, don’t need to.

But I have no problem protecting women or feeling that they should be protected.

Lastly, we are not talking about whether or not Trevor Bauer has been found guilty of committing a crime or not. We are talking about him being bad for the business of the Orioles and bad for the culture/chemistry of the team. That’s it! Because the truth of the matter is I wasn’t there when whatever happened between him and his accusers and neither were you.

But beyond the alleged crimes incidents is him being a horrible teammate. Again, I can’t understand why an accomplished athlete can’t understand how important chemistry is (the ability for guys to gel, get along, and be a cohesive group) in team sports. 

By the way, I don’t care anything about Only Fans, cuck, or any of that other stuff. I’m not sure how in the world that is relevant to the Orioles?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

There you go again.  I watched his Mexican League video long before you posted it on here.  I also saw his spring video against the Dodger minor leaguers.  I also saw his video talking about his accuser. 

Let’s talk about baseball in the Dominican again.  Talk about uninformed.  

That is good.   At least you can hold an opinion while being informed.  While we may not agree....I respect people who take the time to actually do just a tiny bit of DD.

28 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Also, let me say this - I am sorry that you had to go through that. And I hope that you are able to heal so that you don’t have to continue carry around that kind of hatred.