Bring up Mayo already!!

2 minutes ago, Safelykept said:

but then where do you play Mayo

They won’t move Urias except as part of a group of moves. I’m expecting Mountcastle to be moved, making room for Mayo to be a platoon bat with O’Hearn. But even if not, you don’t move Urias to make room for Mayo, you move him to create a stable infield, with Mateo and Westburg full time, and call up Norby for backup.

But Mayo doesn’t get called up unless 1) they move Mountcastle or 2) they plan on using him mainly at DH, which would sit Adley when he’s not catching, and I doubt they’d do that.

7 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

No, it's the fact that Elias doesn't want to lose Urias or Mateo for nothing. To bring Mayo up means DFAing one of those if he can't find a trade partner that offers what he wants. 

Oh no Mateo or Urias how will we go on from replacement players who were brought in originally to tank

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 1fingerwillie said:

He can't find someone to unload them too because it is July 14. 

He, Mountcastle Hays, and or Mateo will be part of a trade. If they aren’t you can forget Mayo until September 

5 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

They won’t move Urias except as part of a group of moves. I’m expecting Mountcastle to be moved, making room for Mayo to be a platoon bat with O’Hearn. But even if not, you don’t move Urias to make room for Mayo, you move him to create a stable infield, with Mateo and Westburg full time, and call up Norby for backup.

But Mayo doesn’t get called up unless 1) they move Mountcastle or 2) they plan on using him mainly at DH, which would sit Adley when he’s not catching, and I doubt they’d do that.

Buts thats a big point.Were making comments and we dont have all the info. Mayo at DH? in the post season sure because adley will be catching all games.  but he will not be taking ABs from Rush right now. If somebody gets moved the we take another look.IN the mean time I'm like many other here if there not going to play him just wait til September.

33 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Those numbers show a player that plummeting Bref shows the same. off that you could almost DFA him ad nobody puts in a claim. I thought he looked better, but I guess people get attached 

4 minutes ago, OriolesUpAndDowns said:

A lot of talk about 3rd base but Mountcastle isn’t exactly some hulking power hitting first baseman lately.  

Did you somehow miss on the Mountcastle talk?

Ask Sportsguy if he should be traded.

On 7/19/2024 at 9:03 AM, Aristotelian said:

@Roy Firestone if I recall you shared that you had a source saying Mayo was days away from being called up prior to his injury. Now that he has been back for a while, have you heard anything? Are they waiting to preserve his ROY eligibility? To clear roster spots at the trade deadline? 

I was just coming here to ask whatever happened to all those various insider rumors that said a Mayo call up was imminent? 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

I was just coming here to ask whatever happened to all those various insider rumors that said a Mayo call up was imminent? 

At the time, Elias told the Mayo family the promotion was days away.That VERY night, Coby broke his rib in a game. But he retuned after a few weeks and began raking again. The new "delay" has to do with roster moves and the deadline and status, but it still makes no sense to me. I think he'll be up next week.