Kjerstad and Mayo.......

vab

6 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

With the condescending attitude toward those you disagree with.  

I’m sorry that you read that tone into my questions. That wasn’t my intent.

I’m not against acquiring Mason Miller, nor the possibility of trading Kjerstad or Mayo if it comes to that. Though that would certainly not be my preference.

But was curious as to what would make a poster propose something like that after yesterday’s game. 

I don’t assume that we all have the same intentions on the board or that we even all O’s fans (not saying that the OP is not). But I curious about those things given such a post.

10 hours ago, vab said:

......for Mason Miller. Yes or no. 

I rarely go wow, but WOW! 

That's a pretty hard no way. I've made myself known that I'm not trading Mayo and I'm certainly not trading him for a reliever and I'm certainly not adding in Kjerstad.

The real question is would we trade Kjerstad for Miller straight up.

That would be an interesting thought. Miller could absolutely blow out his arm at any point and Kjerstad is going to be in a middle of a major league lineup for a long time. 

I'd have to think about that one long and hard especially knowing we will have Bautista back next year and McDermott could be an impact reliever if given a chance too.

• Upvote 1

Holliday, Mayo, and Basallo are untouchable. Kjerstad and Povich are now parts of the MLB team. 

So we’re looking at Stowers, Norby, and McDermott, being are current spare parts. I think that is enough to land us a Game 2/3 SP, a high leverage arm, and a middle relief type. There’s plenty of names available for the rental route to try and target.

FA Rental SP - Scherzer, Kikuchi, Severino are probably tier 1. With Flaherty, Montas, and Lorenzen, as the next tier. Scherzer or Kikuchi would be my picks. 

Rental FA RP - Yimi Garcia(hurt), David Robertson, Tanner Scott, Adam Ottavino, Sewald, Leclerc, Estevez, and Chapman. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

That's a pretty hard no way. I've made myself known that I'm not trading Mayo and I'm certainly not trading him for a reliever and I'm certainly not adding in Kjerstad.

That would be an interesting thought. Miller could absolutely blow out his arm at any point and Kjerstad is going to be in a middle of a major league lineup for a long time. 

I'd have to think about that one long and hard especially knowing we will have Bautista back next year and McDermott could be an impact reliever if given a chance too.

I was just about to say, Kjerstad for Miller is an interesting discussion.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

That is an interesting scenario to consider with the potential injury risk with Mason Miller, I'd have to lean no. I'm biased, but I'm convinced Kjerstad will be be a middle of the order bat for years.

On the other Mason Miller could be the difference make between the Orioles having an early exit in the playoffs and making the World Series. I try to make it work with other prospects first before moving to someone like Kjerstad. In many organizations Kjerstad would be the #1 prospect and with the Orioles he considered fourth best.

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s

12 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Holliday, Mayo, and Basallo are untouchable. Kjerstad and Povich are now parts of the MLB team. 

So we’re looking at Stowers, Norby, and McDermott, being are current spare parts. I think that is enough to land us a Game 2/3 SP, a high leverage arm, and a middle relief type. There’s plenty of names available for the rental route to try and target.

FA Rental SP - Scherzer, Kikuchi, Severino are probably tier 1. With Flaherty, Montas, and Lorenzen, as the next tier. Scherzer or Kikuchi would be my picks. 

Rental FA RP - Yimi Garcia(hurt), David Robertson, Tanner Scott, Adam Ottavino, Sewald, Leclerc, Estevez, and Chapman. 

I think you're right about Povich being on the team.  Probably right about HK too.  But he'd fetch much more than the names you mention too.

Scherzer, Severino, and Flaherty are interesting to me.  Never been a fan of Kikuchi or Lorenzen.  

Any of those RPs would add value at the MLB level.