O's Game Day Jersey Choice

Bahama O's Fan

This may be a weird question, but is there anyway to know ahead of time which color jerseys they wear to which game. The reason I'm asking is because when I go to a game, if they are wearing white, I'd like to wear my white O's gear, etc... I would prefer not to wear white, for example, and find out the other team is wearing white, etc...

I want to know the Orioles record based on Jersey choice. I also want the City Connect all black (white belts) and the City Connect with white pants to be separate categories

I still firmly dislike the City Connect jerseys, however, since moving to white pants, I don't throw up in my mouth at the start of each game as much.

I hope next year, they redesign them and go all in on incorporating the Maryland Flag into the jersey. You ever seen those Maryland Bears hockey jerseys? This is not the design I'd like to see for the O's jerseys, but its a step in the right direction. I say more Flag

maryland-black-bears-jerseys.webp

1 hour ago, ScGO's said:

I want to know the Orioles record based on Jersey choice. I also want the City Connect all black (white belts) and the City Connect with white pants to be separate categories

I still firmly dislike the City Connect jerseys, however, since moving to white pants, I don't throw up in my mouth at the start of each game as much.

I hope next year, they redesign them and go all in on incorporating the Maryland Flag into the jersey. You ever seen those Maryland Bears hockey jerseys? This is not the design I'd like to see for the O's jerseys, but its a step in the right direction. I say more Flag

maryland-black-bears-jerseys.webp

No offense, but those look like the result of a play pen session with four year olds and crayons.

2 hours ago, ScGO's said:

Alright, I didn't get into belts, but their record so far this year based on uni color is:
White 37-20
Orange 7-3
Black 6-4
City Connect 5-4 

• Upvote 3

Generally, the home team is in white, the road team is in grey.  

Some days, they were alternates.  Before the City Connect, we wore black on Friday, and orange on Saturday, whether home or the road.  For the playoffs, they could elect to do something different, like ‘black out’ on game one, ‘orange out’ on game 4, etc.  

With the City Connect jersey, they wear that on Fridays at home instead of the traditional black alternate.  This past weekend, when they gave away the city connect Hawaiian shirt on Saturday, they also wore the city connect jersey because it matched the theme.  I would imagine that would be the case for any other themed giveaways.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Elias knows he has his work cut out for him.  Even in April it was clear the bullpen needed help.  It looked like the discovery of Suarez and the return of Wells might fill the need in the bullpen, not the rotation.  Well, Wells is done at least until next season and Suarez is in the rotation.  And then Coulombe goes down.   I have confidence Elias will make some moves, probably rental type moves, though I'm crossing my fingers for a blockbuster trade for Skubal and a couple of impact bullpen arms.   Even if we end up with all rentals we may need an extra lower impact starter just in case someone else gets hurt again.  It depends on how much confidence the front office has on Povich and other minor leaguers going forward.
    • I put on my @DrungoHazewoodhat and looked up the 1927 Yankees because they're always the first team I think of when I think of a truly great baseball team. First of all, I wasn't aware of the run differential, although I shouldn't have been surprised; 975 runs scored, 599 allowed. So they didn't get blown out very much...if at all.  But they did have one game on July 9th where they lost 14-4 to the Tigers, the second game of a doubleheader in which they won the first game 19-7.  They also lost 14-8 on August 20th to the Indians. The 1983 Orioles lost 16-8 on May 4th to the Angels.  I wonder if Roy went apoplectic that night, too.
    • McDermott pitched today and lasted one third of an inning.  
    • I can dismiss it as one bad game and I will. Povich certainly has issues but you can see where he'd be pretty good if he had some command.  And he's shown flashes of having good command for some stretches. The book on him is very far from being written and I'm not so cavalier to think that the Orioles can fix anyone, but I just want to see some improvement as he goes along for the rest of the season.  Keep in mind, he shouldn't be here now...had things gone to plan, we'd have Bradish and/or Wells/Means in the rotation.   So while I was disappointed with how he looked today, I am willing to give him a little bit of a leash before passing judgement.  His flaws are obvious but I do believe they are fixable. But to go so completely overboard about this being some sort of indictment on the state of the team is a bit  absurd.  I'd say this to anyone who wrote that OP, but @Roy Firestonec'mon dude.  We've overtaken the Yankees for first place without Bautista, Means, Wells and Bradish.  We're still on pace to win over 100 games.   I'm not going to ignore some of the problems this team has right now and I do expect Elias to make some significant deals at the deadline to address the rotation and the bullpen.   But let's stop acting like the game today was some sort of tell-tale sign about the state of the team.  This board is full of educated baseball fans who have been watching for decades, everyone here should know that a team -no matter how good they are- can get blown out from time to time.
    • Today was just additional confirmation of what everyone has known for a long time: We desperately need both starting and relief pitching.  (And also for some strange reason we absolutely suck with the bases loaded).   We kind of needed starting pitching before Bradish went down.  Now, we desperately need starting pitching- possibly 2 decent starters (I'm still worried about Kremer even though he's been pretty good this year overall).  We need 2 good relievers too.  Ouch.  That's a lot of pitchers to need.     Today was just a stark reminder of that.  Povich certainly looks like he needs some more time at Norfolk.  And don't forget, this was the A's lineup- the 29th in the MLB...   Sadly, we don't have any pitchers in the minors who can help.  I'm not sure McDermott will ever have enough control to be succsssful and he's nowhere near ready for the MLB.         
    • I can’t find the stat you are citing, but the O’s are above average in RISP situations, in RISP situations with two outs, in high leverage situations, with a runner on 3B and less than two out, and with the bases loaded.  All of those are more important to me than some cherry-picked “bases loaded, less than two outs” stat I can’t find that has to be in some minuscule number of at bats (the O’s have only had 69 PA total with the bases loaded, so the less than two out subset is even smaller than that).  
  • Popular Contributors