Thursday 7/11 - Cubs vs. Orioles

86this

Anyone really think Mullins has three years left in the tank?  I think he is aging fast like Hays is doing.  I think they both are just a year or two away from being out of the game entirely.

Just now, SteveA said:

The hitting slump is awful but honestly the horrid defense we've played in this series bothers me even more.   We've seen hitting slumps come and go.

Just bad baseball decisions when they actually make the plays too. 3 more games and they get a reset.

Just now, Malike said:

It's one of the things that gives real perspective. I've loved this team for more than 40 years and watch every night I can with MLB.tv but losses don't hang with me, I guess baseball just doesn't feel like real life when you have to see the most horrible things.

I do understand this is not a perspective that most people take with regard to their favorite team and I don't fault people for it.

Very well said.  In fact you bringing that up really shifted me from annoyed to indifferent about this game.  I will still get emotional with this team, I love them.  But I think it will be a bit less when I think about what you have to deal with.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

The hitting slump is awful but honestly the horrid defense we've played in this series bothers me even more.   We've seen hitting slumps come and go.

Tired? No idea. They look rough. 

The Yankees are making their game with the Rays... interesting, at least. 5-3 Rays and the Yanks have had 6 ups. A nailbiter to see if we're going to end up 1 game back when we face them, or 2.

Tomorrow will be a fascinating baseball game, O's vs Yanks. They may have to pull out a tee for the batters to hit off of in the 27th inning, score tied 0-0, because nobody on either team can string together a rally if their life depended on it.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Break looks to be coming at the perfect time. 

I think the team has looked tired the past couple weeks now the June schedule did them no favors and the weight of the pitching injuries is adding up. Best thing for this team is scratch out two wins against the Yankees and rest up next week.

Elias should be bringing in reinforcements for the pitching staff the second half of July.

3 minutes ago, SteveA said:

The defense has been subpar the past couple weeks and it's concerning at this point.

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I think the team has looked tired the past couple weeks now the June schedule did them no favors and the weight of the pitching injuries is adding up. Best thing for this team is scratch out two wins against the Yankees and rest up next week.

Elias should be bringing in reinforcements for the pitching staff the second half of July.

I know the Cubs have had a down year but the schedule after the break is not hard. Come out refreshed and ready to go.  

Well on the bright side, it's a quick game.   Still some blue in the sky and it's almost over.

I had to work late... 7:30.   Was following at work on Gameday but not too closely as I was tring to get some stuff done.   Then ran errands on the way home, didn't get home until 8:20.   Just sat down and had a little sushi for dinner... and suddenly it's 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th.

I'm glad I didn't get to watch much of this one.

Its games like this when our pitching is exposed and we are on the ropes for three straight days I am so happy that a legally innocent butt head like Trevor Bauer is properly blackballed by MLB so that the Orioles are forced to trade real AAA talent to get some slop that wont be even partially as good as Bauer will be.