403 errors

Tony-OH

Yeah, it was bad during the gamethread Saturday.   I was at the game yesterday, so I only posted once... I was pleasantly surprised when that post went through on one try.   But looking at the length of the game thread for such a great game with so many twists and turns, it looks like the 403s were still happening.

Working til 7 tonight so I'll be following the doubleheader on Gameday... hope to be able to chat a bit in the game thread as it goes on.

Appreciate everything Tony is trying to do to get it fixed.

9 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yah, it was bad during the gamethread Saturday.   I was at the game yesterday, so I only posted once... I was pleasantly surprised when that post went through on one try.   But looking at the length of the game thread for such a great game with so many twists and turns, it looks like the 403s were still happening.

Working til 7 tonight so I'll be following the doubleheader on Gameday... hope to be able to chat a bit in the game thread as it goes on.

Appreciate everything Tony is trying to do to get it fixed.

We believe there is a small fix in right now, but I'm working on a permeant fix. So far so good on posting for me today, but the game threads will stress it and we'll find out.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

We believe there is a small fix in right now, but I'm working on a permeant fix. So far so good on posting for me today, but the game threads will stress it and we'll find out.

Just as a data point:  I did get a ONE  403 error trying to make the post I made a few minutes ago about 403 errors & game threads.  I waited about 5 minutes and try again and it worked.   So if your small fix went in more than 25 minutes ago or so, it didn't totally fix the problem.

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Just as a data point:  I did get a ONE  403 error trying to make the post I made a few minutes ago about 403 errors & game threads.  I waited about 5 minutes and try again and it worked.   So if your small fix went in more than 25 minutes ago or so, it didn't totally fix the problem.

Did you clear your browser cache? Try that and let me know if you have any more 403s. Thanks.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Did you clear your browser cache? Try that and let me know if you have any more 403s. Thanks.

FWIW I tried this a couple days ago and it fixed it temporarily, but then I ended up getting them again. It does seem to help though. 

1 minute ago, interloper said:

FWIW I tried this a couple days ago and it fixed it temporarily, but then I ended up getting them again. It does seem to help though. 

There has been a whitelisting of certain IPs so if you clear your cache, it should work now better than before. I'm interested to see if this works myself.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

There has been a whitelisting of certain IPs so if you clear your cache, it should work now better than before. I'm interested to see if this works myself.

So, I just got hit with a 403, cleared my cache, then got hit with 403s for about 5 minutes trying to sign back in. So I would say the cache thing is maybe hit or miss. 

9 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

No I haven't.   I did just now.   Probably won't be posting much until the game starts at 3 (unless a trade happens...)

UPDATE:   AND the first time I troed to post this immediately after clearing my cache... I got a 403.

UPDATE 2:  Another 403.   Will wait a while and try again. ............... ten minutes later

18 minutes ago, interloper said:

So, I just got hit with a 403, cleared my cache, then got hit with 403s for about 5 minutes trying to sign back in. So I would say the cache thing is maybe hit or miss. 

Thanks for the feedback. Try getting out of your browser, go back in, clear the cache again and see what happens. 

15 minutes ago, SteveA said:

No I haven't.   I did just now.   Probably won't be posting much until the game starts at 3 (unless a trade happens...)

UPDATE:   AND the first time I troed to post this immediately after clearing my cache... I got a 403.

UPDATE 2:  Another 403.   Will wait a while and try again. ............... ten minutes later

Thanks. Strangely it's working verd good for me so far. But I got out of the browser, went back in, cleared the cache. It also could be what proxy your are being directed to. 

No worries though, I'm working on a true fix though.