Will the Orioles offer Burnes a QO this off season ?

jem709

Will Orioles offer Burnes A QO this off season?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Will Orioles offer Burnes A QO this off season?

• Yes
    • No

A more important question is...

Will Santander put up good enough 2nd half stats that we offer him the QO and he turns it down?

I would like to get the pick for him AND see him get a nice 3 year deal for big money from another club, as he deserves it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not even sure you could offer Kimbrel one.

Kimbrel received a qualifying offer from the Red Sox before, which makes him ineligible for another one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• He did protect the 9-run lead but again, looked lousy in the process.  Two baserunners and only a great play by Slater kept a run from scoring and saving the shutout.     I agree this is the only spot you can use Kimbrel anymore and it was definitely the right move to use him. I do hope they have the guts to not include him on a playoff roster.   Hurt feelings don’t matter.   Playoffs are about winning and besides he’s history anyway after the season. 
    • Nah. Biff couldn’t say asinine.  And before anyone @‘s me, I know this is Biff’s grandson. But I liked the baseball reference. 
    • Righty. He does a decent job with walks and barrel%….top 2/3 in hard hit rate.(in a good way). It generally speaking, all of his numbers are pretty awful. Id imagine he won’t do a lot to beat himself (ie walks, WP, HBP) but we should hit him.
    • Nah, what’s asinine is the amount of assumptions going on. One, where you playing Norby at?  Urias was out OPS’ing him at 3B, and nobody was sitting Holliday after his hot start to his 2nd stint.    Then you assume that Elias didn’t maximize Norby’s trade value based on your own assumptions of what Norby was worth and that other GMs valued him as much as you.  Hindsight is 20/20 and I guess you would’ve started Norby in a perfectly placed game by game rotation with Urias and Holliday. Or convinced GMs they didn’t want the prospects they chose and instead wanted Norby.  Just assuming you are better at marketing than Elias, and that you would’ve known exactly when to start Norby over Urias/Holliday.  Are you Biff from Back to the Future?  🤣 
    • Mateo is can’t field and can’t hit the only thing he can do is run 
    • I hated the trade because I like Stowers and Norby but the front office must have seen something in Rogers they felt they could tweak. I'm willing to give them an off-season in the lab to see if they turn him around. You can't always judge a trade until sometime down the road. For this year though, the trade was abysmal.
  • Popular Contributors