AL playoff picture

eddie83

38 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

Astros.

It will be pretty hard to tie the Astros and still win the division.  The AL East winner will get at 95+ wins.  They would have to go 30-12 the rest of the way to get 95 wins.   If we end up in tie with them record wise we most likely won’t win division unless Yanks go like 15-25 rest of the way.  

After watching this team the last few months, I font believe they have the bullpen depth to make a serious deep playoff run. As long as Burns and Eflin stay healthy, it appears the Os would be ablento piece together a 3rd starter in the playoffs. 

Currently every bullpen arm has question marks. SirAnthony currently has been the most steady arm in the bullpen. Burch Smith has been decent. Everybody else, it's a crap shoot.

I’d give us about a 20% chance to win the division at this point. And not really losing sleep over it after last year and a week off. All that really matters is do we get some of the injured guys back and can we peak in October. But not sure we have the pitching overall to make a big run.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

NYY just lost. 

What a disaster lost to the White Sox Monday then made a guy with ERA close to 6 coming into game look like a Cy Young.  I am just glad that wasn’t us this board would be going nuts saying we might not win another game or q10 game losing streak coming.  

27 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

What a disaster lost to the White Sox Monday then made a guy with ERA close to 6 coming into game look like a Cy Young.  I am just glad that wasn’t us this board would be going nuts saying we might not win another game or q10 game losing streak coming.  

No doubt ….

17 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Can’t lose a game where you score 10 runs and have Burnes on the mound. Thats a really bad loss.

We could have scored more than 10, too.  Three times failed to score after having a runner on 3B and less than 2 out.  One of those was a bases loaded DP, another was a 1st and 3rd K, both by Cowser, who’s had a lot of trouble coming through in those situations.

Mariners so lame rolled into Pittsburgh with Pirates on 10-game losing streak, and Logan Gilbert and Luis Castillo have both lost.

Astros showed some scant regard for White Sox visiting announcing before the series began Alex Bregman would be out of the weekend series with a swollen elbow (but he doesn't need IL).    Crochet was good and the White Sox put an Astros win with their Yankees win this week.

We'll see if we can hold serve 3-0 at OPACY with those White Sox coming right out of Coors Field.

18 minutes ago, O-The-Memories said:

It will be hard to make the playoffs with the roster we currently have. If we make it we can't do worse than last year at least. 

It will be hard not to make the playoffs really since just 40 games left and we have pretty much been .500 the last two months.  Play .500 rest of the way we win 92.  If one of them is vs Red Sox we have tiebreaker which means they have to get to 93 wins.    They would have to go 29-12 to finish ahead of us.  That would be very difficult with their schedule.  You would think 25-16 would still be tough for them.  If they do they we just have to be 17-23 if one of those wins is against them.  I just don’t see us playing .400 ball rest of the way even with injuries.  

• Upvote 1

Let's be honest, the sky isn't falling, but our bullpen isn't well.  What the Playoffs bring... who knows?  Hopefully, they right the bullpen because we seem very much like the 2014 Tigers... maybe not quite so decidedly bad as that relief staff, but... our guys don't inspire fear in the opposition and they certain inspire terror in fans.  That needs to get fixed, if it can.

That ball call with Kimbrel that led to a ball on the next pitch and a HR on the next was a terrible blunder by the umps, but for a professional to get so rattled as to deliver a "I'm just gonna let my fielders handle this one," pitch was atrocious.  But that's where Kimbrel is right now.  He gets rattled and starts grooving them in hoping for the best and we've gotten the worst.  He's not the only one, but it has to get fixed -at least, marginally, so we can hold a lead much of the time.