How much would you trade for a guaranteed world series championship?

psagawa

Yep, I have already given 41 years since the last one.  I'd like to offer my Brooks Robinson signed Orioles baseball cap.  My Cal Ripken, Jr. signed baseball bat, my Chris Davis bobble head, and my Felix Pie game worn jersey.  I would also offer my Albert Belle, fan club t shirt, my Cindy luvs Brady headband and complete set of Understanding Baseball, by Drungo Hazewood.  I also offer the knife Buck used to stab Dan Duquette when he miscalculated and notified the Orioles that the Toronto Blue Jays would like to talk about acquiring him.  I also offer the last VHS tape I ever recorded.  It was the 1993 All Star game.  Yep Mussina is grainy but Cito still sucks.  Lastly, if the gods of baseball insist on one of the holy trinity of prospects.  In the name of Holiday, Mayo and Basallo, I will personally fling one of them into a fiery pit along with my favorite dog, Ms. Weaver, and my fourth child, who likes the Dodgers anyway.

But that is all that I would do for one guaranteed World Series Title.  For multiple titles, I would consider sacrificing Frobby.   Relax....I said consider.

Edited by foxfield
  • Haha 3

My initial reaction is that being a fan of a championship-winning team is more rewarding because the players who do it are people you have a relationship with -- even if it's just through a TV screen. We've all invested a lot of time in these players, their stories, their successes, their failures. 

I suppose that is why there is a certain amount schadenfreude when teams with limitless payrolls and can mercenary their way to a pennant - but don't. 

But if I think about the above again, its probably because I am too young to remember their last championship (born in 79)... and so I don't know what it's like to see it all come together -- hired or homegrown.

So my answer, I guess, should be trade anyone. But I also don't mind the way it is going right now. 

41 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

You wouldn’t want any of their posters. SG and Frobby are both banned and I am insulted by their cronies every visit 😂

Did you not see “cash considerations”?    Don’t want or need a poster in return.  🙂