What do you expect from Norby?

wildcard

1 hour ago, interloper said:

I'm not so sure. How confident are the O's in Holliday helping out this season? How is his elbow? Can he be relied on for defense right now? What if he comes up and really struggles again? If they feel good about those questions, sure, Norby is gone. If not, though, Norby is kind of necessary to keep around this season. He's a guy that has shown he can produce right now at this level to some degree. 

O's are desperate for pitching and SP callus haven't really helped.  He helps more by being traded than in the field.

He won't be the basestealer, but I think back to around draft time Norby sharing Whit Merrifield as a guy he liked and maybe patterned his game after.

To do the gratuituous All-Star comp as a style of player, can he put on a laser show as 75% of Pedroia or Altuve?

If he is still here Wednesday, I agree I think he has a niche as an Adam Frazier/Joe Orsulak kind of complement to whoever out of Kjerstad, Mullins, Cowser, Stowers, Beavers and Bradfield remain as first string outfield candidates.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Maybe if Baerga struck out 2.5 times as much, and as a consequence had a batting average 30-50 points lower.

That's why I said "potential ceiling," and not comp. Thanks for the critique.