We had base hit turn into a DP.

Natty

43 minutes ago, SteveA said:

At work so I haven't seen the play.   What I assume from what I have read is bad send to Mullins, he was going to be out by a mile, got caught in a rundown ... OK, that happens.

But to get him in the rundown AND get Mountcastle at 2nd?   Had to be some really stupid baserunning by Mounty, right?

At least at that point in the play there are two outs so it makes a bit more sense to try and get in scoring was position. I didn't see the play but on paper the worst part must have been sending Mullins with 1 out.

1 minute ago, osfan83 said:

This team is U-G-L-Y to watch right now. Hope we can get into the post season, but I'm not so sure. 

Second best record in baseball and people are losing their minds. I understand the team is not playing well right now, but some of these reactions are crazy. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, jcaponio said:

Second best record in baseball and people are losing their minds. I understand the team is not playing well right now, but some of these reactions are crazy. 

Problem is that the Orioles have been terrible for the last 30 games. We haven’t lost very many in the win column, but the play is bad, and no mistake.

The Orioles have been bad (or no where as good as they should have been) ever since this site started a MAGIC NUMBER thread. You just don't do that at the end of June to The Baseball God! 😄 Will we ever learn?????

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Problem is that the Orioles have been terrible for the last 30 games. We haven’t lost very many in the win column, but the play is bad, and no mistake.

This is true. Which makes it even more incredible that they're in first place in the AL. As much as they've sucked the last month, no other team has been able to overtake them. If anything, that makes me more optimistic, but maybe I'm just an idiot. 

38 minutes ago, jcaponio said:

It is somewhat amazing to me as a fan and a long time member here how quickly we have become spoiled.  But it also speaks to the incredible level the Orioles have played at since Adley came up.  

Though unquestionably this is the worst stretch for Adley and Co. 

56 minutes ago, foxfield said:

It is somewhat amazing to me as a fan and a long time member here how quickly we have become spoiled.  But it also speaks to the incredible level the Orioles have played at since Adley came up.  

Though unquestionably this is the worst stretch for Adley and Co. 

They were not very good in Sept 2022 but I guess it was a bit different because everyone was just happy to finish above .500 and we never were really in serious playoff contention.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jcaponio said:

This is true. Which makes it even more incredible that they're in first place in the AL. As much as they've sucked the last month, no other team has been able to overtake them. If anything, that makes me more optimistic, but maybe I'm just an idiot. 

And are tied for the best record in the AL. I know it's hard being a fan sometimes, but you need to have some perspective about things. 

The Dodgers won 104 games very recently. They also lost 16  of 17 games in one stretch.I'm not comparing the two situations, but I will say, every team goes through struggles, and hopefully we will add some depth to the pitching and try a new lineup next week. A lineup that will include Coby Mayo. And others on the mound. Maybe that will change things. I hope I'm right.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

The Dodgers won 104 games very recently. They also lost 16  of 17 games in one stretch.I'm not comparing the two situations, but I will say, every team goes through struggles, and hopefully we will add some depth to the pitching and try a new lineup next week. A lineup that will include Coby Mayo. And others on the mound. Maybe that will change things. I hope I'm right.

I think you’re right that even very good teams have periods where they struggle.  I think we as fans have forgotten this in light of last year’s team that never got swept in a series and really never had a period of play as bad as the last couple of weeks have been.   Beyond the results, this team has just been playing uncharacteristically sloppy baseball for several weeks, even when they win, Thursday’s game being a textbook example of this.  Hopefully the team gets its act together soon, because this hasn’t been pretty.