The State of the Orioles Address

BillySmith

I know mods can merge threads, but can they split them?

It would be nice to have a thread about AM's report without page after page of a couple guys arguing about Chili Davis. Can the thread be split in two?

No but you could start a new thread, title State of the Union part 2 and then go from there.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know mods can merge threads, but can they split them?

It would be nice to have a thread about AM's report without page after page of a couple guys arguing about Chili Davis. Can the thread be split in two?

Well, anything for you, Shack. Anything to keep you happy. Lord knows, you've never digressed in a thread.

Beltre?? Are you kidding. This is the last kind of guy we need. I'd be more inclined to give Mora another year as we study our options. And besides this organization is now developing talent to a point where we can realistically look at a Snyder or offer up other prospects to get a third baseman from another organization. To hand Beltre a 3-5 year contract would be ludicrious for this organization:)

Beltre?? Are you kidding. This is the last kind of guy we need. I'd be more inclined to give Mora another year as we study our options. And besides this organization is now developing talent to a point where we can realistically look at a Snyder or offer up other prospects to get a third baseman from another organization. To hand Beltre a 3-5 year contract would be ludicrious for this organization:)

Care to elaborate on this?

You don't like above average players?

Well, anything for you, Shack. Anything to keep you happy. Lord knows, you've never digressed in a thread.

Obviously, you can change the subject to making personal snipes if you like.

It's fine with me if you make as many posts about Chili Davis as you want to.

I was just thinking it would be nice to have a thread about AM's report, that's all.

It's fine with me if you make as many posts about Chili Davis as you want to.

I was just thinking it would be nice to have a thread about AM's report, that's all.

So then start one!!

If you aren't going to take the initiative to re-start this thread and talk about what you want, then you really have no grounds to complain.

So then start one!!

If you aren't going to take the initiative to re-start this thread and talk about what you want, then you really have no grounds to complain.

Who's complaining? I wasn't telling you to do, or not do, anything.

I just asked a question about whether the thread could be split in two to reflect the two themes within it.

And what was this?

Looks to me like you're giddy for arguing about anything, just for the sake of doing it, even if you have to go as far as arguing about Chili Davis.

You've already taken personal swipes in this thread.

Baudelaire said it best:

Hypocrite lecteur - mon semblable - mon frere!

I just asked a question about whether the thread could be split in two to reflect the two themes within it.

You know they can't do that...You have been on this site for years...You have been involved in several thread topics that have gone off course and in that time frame, have the mods ever split threads?

They merge them but not split them.

And yes, you were complaining that the thread turned into the Davis conversation.

If a thread can be split, somewhere in the general vicinity of post #44 might be a good place to do it.

I don't think there's much that Snyder could do to convince that Beltre wouldn't be a good signing. He's highly unlikely to be a plus-defender there, so if the bat improves you can always move him to 1B. Beltre should give plus-plus defense (which we know AM prioritizes) and decent numbers in Baltimore. He had an .862 road OPS last year and .858 in 2007.

I agree with this entirely. Same goes for the posters (or should I say "poster") who want Moore at 3B next year. Even if Snyder and Moore are able to handle the position next year, they won't dominate the position like Beltre does. I'd much rather see Beltre at third next year, and Snyder at first or in a Huff type role. As for Moore, I'm not expecting much. Maybe a bench role.

Assuming AM does target Beltre, who do y'all think our competition will be? I always see the Giants' name floating around in any discussion with Beltre, but other than that, I don't know.

Threads can't be split. Let's try to steer this one back to the topic at hand.

OK, thanks.

I wondered if you could clone a thread, then delete blocks from each.

I know you guys have special powers, I just don't know the limits of them, that's all.

Anyway, thanks for answering...

Archived