Is Kjerstad replaceable by Norby?

Seeing Norby hit plus play 2B plus having the ability to play the OF makes me think it might be better to keep Norby over Kjerstad.  Kjerstad has had/continues to have questionable offense.  It was on full display last night.  Is Kjerstad a guy you just put in the OF in a pinch or can he be an OF regular?  Is Norby as good or better than Kjerstad in the OF.  I think we can assume that Kjerstad can not play 2B and it's questionable if he can play 1B now or in the future.  One of the biggest advantages of this is that Kjerstad is/was a higher rated prospect/player and should bring back a higher rated pitcher. 

Speaking strictly about this year, I see no advantage of Kjerstad over Stowers. Both have similar power bats, but Stowers is the better defense. I know the question was regarding Norby, but for me it's more about the guy who would be replacing Kjerstad which is Stowers.

So for that reason, if the Os can use Kjerstad to get a good SP or closer, I'm open to it.

Edited by interloper

45 minutes ago, interloper said:

Speaking strictly about this year, I see no advantage of Kjerstad over Stowers. Both have similar power bats, but Stowers is the better defense. I know the question was regarding Norby, but for me it's more about the guy who would be replacing Kjerstad which is Stowers.

So for that reason, if the Os can use Kjerstad to get a good SP or closer, I'm open to it.

sans trades I think if Norby has a future here its OF, Kjerstad , Stowers? if there both here after the deadline i would be surprised. At some point ME has got to open up this logjam.

2 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Seeing Norby hit plus play 2B plus having the ability to play the OF makes me think it might be better to keep Norby over Kjerstad.  Kjerstad has had/continues to have questionable offense.  It was on full display last night.  Is Kjerstad a guy you just put in the OF in a pinch or can he be an OF regular?  Is Norby as good or better than Kjerstad in the OF.  I think we can assume that Kjerstad can not play 2B and it's questionable if he can play 1B now or in the future.  One of the biggest advantages of this is that Kjerstad is/was a higher rated prospect/player and should bring back a higher rated pitcher. 

Did you mean questionable defense in the second sentence? In my opinion, Kjerstad is clearly a notch above Norby and Stowers offensively.  

• Upvote 1

I see no reason you can’t have both Norby and Kjerstad. Norby can split time  between 2B/RF and Kjerstad can DH and play RF every once in a while. You could even keep Stowers and have room for all three once Santander is gone. 

stowers can play defense, HK can not.  Norby and HK nd here to stay imo... Norby can be Hays now and next year, i bet he will play some other positions than 2b, including OF when Holliday up late this year and next

I will be really disappointed if the Orioles trade Norby. I would honestly trade Jackson Holliday before I traded Norby. I feel Jackson is way overrated. I feel Mateo getting hurt is a blessing in disguise because it allows Norby to play and prove that he is a good player.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, LockUpTheGunner said:

I will be really disappointed if the Orioles trade Norby. I would honestly trade Jackson Holliday before I traded Norby. I feel Jackson is way overrated. I feel Mateo getting hurt is a blessing in disguise because it allows Norby to play and prove that he is a good player.

I'm glad you are excited about Norby, but that's a pretty wild take. 20 year old Holliday has a higher OPS at AAA than Norby this season. Everyone knows Norby is a good player...he's been an excellent minor league player and is on the ML team now. But they are very different prospects. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, LockUpTheGunner said:

What does Norby do better than Holliday other than hit fewer ground balls?  I actually agree that Holliday is somewhat overrated to the extent he is still viewed as a 70 FV prospect, but even so Norby isn’t on his level.

5 hours ago, Warehouse said:

Did you mean questionable defense in the second sentence? In my opinion, Kjerstad is clearly a notch above Norby and Stowers offensively.  

Keep trying to correct that.  Yes I meant defense.  Damn 403 errors.

6 hours ago, Warehouse said:

Really … Kjerstad looks shaky on every ball hot in his direction. I don’t see that watching Norby.

Nobody (I guess other than Mullins the last two days) is really hitting very well right now.

I don’t know how anyone has seen enough of Norby to be confident in his offense or defense? Currently he is hitting less than .200 in the super small sample size for whatever that is worth.