Do you dread watching this team right now?

I do. I feel like I'm watching a head on collision before it happens. But I know it won't last forever. I just wince at watching our guys right now. But I remember the 83 champs had 2 , 8 game losing streaks. We will get better. Im just not confident it will be today. Suarez has been below average lately, and the Padres are red hot. I hope I'm wrong. Lets go O's.

Edited by Roy Firestone

We had one of the longest streaks of consecutive losing seasons in baseball history. And now, we are leading the AL East and are the envy of the entire league because our cup overfloweth with a rare collection of talent that by all rights should allow us to be competitive for many years to come.

No, I do not dread watching this team. I am maintaining perspective and enjoying the ride, which invariably will have many ups and downs over the course of the many games played every year.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I do. I feel like I'm watching a head on collision before it happens. But I know it won't last forever. I just wince at watching our guys right now. But I remember the 83 champs had 2 , 8 game losing streaks. We will get better. Im just not confident it will be today. Suarez has been below average lately, and the Padres are red hot. I hope I'm wrong. Lets go O's.

No. Even championship teams go through losing streaks. Our last championship team had two 8 game losing streaks.

This too shall pass.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I'm hoping Elias can improve this roster and right the ship. I think the hitting will come around, I'm most concerned about the bullpen.

No chance of dread.

I love the game and the O’s, win or lose. I endured 14-years of losing — in a row. I think it is a unique form of mental illness, to love a team when they’re not playing well. The horrible days make me appreciate the good ones even more.

I get it. Especially when our defense falls apart, they are tough to watch.

What I dread is no baseball on a cold January day.

As long as I am alive and kicking, I’ll have hope every time my Birds take the field.

• Upvote 2

No dread at all.  Visited Baltimore for the Friday night game against the Padres.  Just purchased tickets for the Cleveland series this coming weekend.  Expecting things to turn around this week.

I started a new job so my time is limited. After last weekend of watching 3-4 games of absolute boredom, not to mention this message board error 304, I've withdrawn from fandom a little bit. 

It just doesn't make sense to waste what little free time I have on boring games that is nothing by striking out and pop flying out for 3 hours and faint crowd noise, or wasting time on posts that will rarely ever get posted. I could be much more productive in those 3-4 hours than making myself sit through so mich boredom.

So yes, I no long look forward to watching this team as much as I had been.

I'm loving it. 162 game season, ups and downs. We're still in 1st, going to the playoffs. I watched all through the horrible years, so I know we're in the clover right now, and I'm not going to waste it!

• Upvote 1