I really had hope for Cade Povich, but he simply isnt a major league pitcher

He's not a major league pitcher *this year*. I don't think that holds in the future. The walks have been ridiculous, though. The interesting thing is he's just missing his spots, so it's not like he's ridiculously wild. So, I'm holding out hope there's another level he can get to. 

All those comparisons to Max Fried...

I have seen enough for this year. I think he's salvageable with some more AAA seasoning and they need to hold on to him (and McDermott) because they basically have no one else in their org. The lack of pitching development by this org is just inexcusable.

With all due respect you just can't say "he's not a major league pitcher" after less than 10 starts at the major league level.  We are so consumed with instant results that we dont recognize the development cycle.  For many players, particularly pitchers it take an off season to learn to adjust, or develop an out pitch or to work to add velocity.

We saw it with John Means - who went to a pitch clinic 

We saw it with Chris Tillman - who added velocity

We saw it with Jake Arrieta - albeit not with the orioles

It's the reason you didn't see the Orioles DFA Mateo last offseason, despite norby and Holliday being around.  It takes time.  Unless you are Paul Skenes.

• Upvote 1

Povich ain't pretty right now and like so many before it be command. I so dream of the Orioles drafting and developing ONE starter who comes up and is successful from the get go. Maybe that will ultimately come from our Latin American program. Till then, we need to keep working with the Povich and McDermotts we have and hope they can find consistent command.