July 30th - vs Toronto - post trade deadline

nevadaO

1 minute ago, Malike said:

In his defense, he called the first ball a strike, you sort of have to swing in when an ump misses that bad.

The weird part is that Mounty usually swings at the slider low and away

Just now, Malike said:

In his defense, he called the first ball a strike, you sort of have to swing in when an ump misses that bad.

No doubt.  First call was straight trash.  I love Mounty but it's incredibly frustrating watching him sometimes.  If he ever learns the zone he'll be really good.

1 minute ago, Roy Firestone said:

heres a question. The Dodgers got a resurgent Jack Flaherty for two minor league prospects...we gave our two highly regarded prospects for Trevor Rodgers.Am I crazy? What am I missing? Contract control?

.5 year vs 2.5 years.

heres a question. The Dodgers got a resurgent Jack Flaherty for two minor league prospects...we gave our two highly regarded prospects for Trevor Rodgers.Am I crazy? What am I missing? Contract control?

Kyle Stowers is highly regarded on the OH. He's probably a AAAA player. Norby strikes out a ton and doesn't play defense well. He should hit enough to stick around longer than Stowers. We also get a SP for 2.5 years, they get Flaherty for 9 or 10 starts.

Flaherty is a rental while Rogers has two more years of control under low projected arbitration salaries.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Yes all about control

Flaherty will be a free agent this offseason 

Flaherty was a joke last year and sure looked like he wasn’t happy to be here. Glad we didn’t bark up that tree again. Just another good reason to root against the Dodgers, after the Yankees of course. 
I’m sure contract played in to it. I don’t know much about all the advance stats, but maybe pitching at OPACY he will be more successful…better defense (most of the time), new left field dimensions being a lefty and hopefully more upside. 

Apparently the Rays have reached a deal with local government and will be building their new stadium, also a dome, right next to the site of the current Trop Dome.   This assures their future in the Tampa Bay area for a long term.