The Baltimore Orioles got better this deadline

terpoh

14 minutes ago, O's84 said:

I don't think Holiday is anywhere close to coming up.

Holliday was scratched from the AAA lineup tonight. Maybe that means he’s coming up maybe it doesn’t but I would imagine he will be up And eligible for the playoffs before it’s all said and done.

My only question is what does the roster composition look like, now? Hunt goes down or McCann IL for Soto, one of Akin or Burch Smith goes for Rogers. 

Jimenez and Slater take whose spots? Probably Pache and...? 

I'm worried Kjerstad is going down. 🥲

I think you just messed with team chemistry by basically swapping guys out and diminishing organizational depth with no significant improvement to the major league team. Rogers = Irvin and Irvin just got DFA.

Players like Rogers are a dime a dozen and we just gifted 2 top 100 prospects away.

Eflin was a good move that I like. The bullpen might be a little bit better but the problem is you don't know if the new acquisitions can hit the strike zone or whether they are just Fujinami 2.0 and a meltdown of walks forthcoming.

Defensively, I don't see us any better fielding wise.  Offensively, I don't see us any better either.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

I think you just messed with team chemistry by basically swapping guys out and diminishing organizational depth with no significant improvement to the major league team. Rogers = Irvin and Irvin just got DFA.

Players like Rogers are a dime a dozen and we just gifted 2 top 100 prospects away.

Eflin was a good move that I like. The bullpen might be a little bit better but the problem is you don't know if the new acquisitions can hit the strike zone or whether they are just Fujinami 2.0 and a meltdown of walks forthcoming.

Defensively, I don't see us any better fielding wise.  Offensively, I don't see us any better either.

Who are the top 100 prospects we gave away?  

1 minute ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Which two top 100 guys did we give up?

I really liked that we went with guys that are not just rentals but guys we control next year as well. 

SP GRod, Efflin, Rodgers, Kremer, Povich, McDermott 

RP Cano, Dominguez, Soto, Coloumbe, Webb, Bautista, Perez, Suarez, Aiken

Injured guys may return at some point in year.  Wells, Bradish, Means(if we give him no deal) 

Wildcard Burnes.  

You swap Bautista for Kimbrel next year that bullpen is nasty.