2024 Trade Deadline Aftermath

Sanfran327

3 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Too early to say conclusively either way.

We won’t see Bradish. We should see Wells who had the internal brace procedure instead of TJ so his timeline is later next Summer.

4 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

We won’t see Bradish. We should see Wells who had the internal brace procedure instead of TJ so his timeline is later next Summer.

I thought I read that Bradish also got the brace

Edited by Grt 2BA FL Gator

20 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

26 man roster once the dust settles. It seems like a lot, but here is what I think…

5 - Burnes*, Grayson, Eflin, Rogers, Kremer

8 - Kimbrel^, Cano, Dominguez^, Webb, Suarez, Soto, Perez, Akin

9 - Lineup vs RHP

1. Cowser LF L

2. Adley C S

3. Gunnar SS L

4. Santa* RF S

5. O’Hearn^ DH L

6. Mountcastle 1B R

7. Westburg 3B R

8. Mullins CF L

9. Holliday 2B L

4 - Bench - McCann*, Urias, Pache, Jimenez^

DFA - Irvin, Slater*, Vavra(possibly)

AAA - Kjerstad, Hunt, Livan Soto, Burch Smith

* = unrestricted FA at the end of this year.
^ = team option on 2025 contract 

Why we got Slater?  We needed Soto for SS depth in AAA. So we essentially bought Slater for that. He mashes LHP in his career and could literally just stay in AAA until the playoffs. Deep depth. FA at seasons end. We’re hoping he passes through waivers. 

Why we got Jimenez?  He’s a Hays replacement this year. He’s a cost controlled replacement for Santander next year. We needed OF depth after trading away Stowers. Sucks Kjerstad is down for him, but we are riding with lefties Cowser and Mullins for defense. Jimenez is a platoon RH for LF. 

Jimenez in LF scares me. I could see us riding with Slater and trying to get Pache through waivers.

3 minutes ago, Warehouse said:

Sorry to hear that take from you this early.    

TJ database says Meister did Bradish's 6/19/2024.

Year over year, Meister did Matthew Boyd 6/28/2023 and Jacob deGrom 6/12/2023, and those two haven't quit 2024 yet.

An extra month, Tyler Mahle 5/22/2023 may have been part of why Michael Lorenzen was let go.    Robbie Ray 5/3/2023 back now.

I do believe he'll be handled conservatively if he isn't A+ on all the checkpoints.

23 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Irvin has pitched 44 innings last two months given up 44 runs.  Rodger’s has went 54 innings and given up 21 in that same time but you think they the same. lol

Based on those numbers, they are both mediocre, but one is more mediocre than the other.

Edited by HowAboutThat

4 minutes ago, 1fingerwillie said:

Jimenez in LF scares me. I could see us riding with Slater and trying to get Pache through waivers.

He won’t play in LF.  He is here to DH vs left handers for O’Hern and pinch hit vs lefty.