I want to say this about Coby Mayo (All Inclusive)

22 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

My guess he's promoted on Aug 30th or 31st and he ends up getting less than 130 ABs.

Yep. I think we are envisioning an Evan Carter type situation (minus the injuries in year 2). If he performs, I think Mayo could still have a huge impact on our 2024.

• Upvote 1

I think another thing to think about is besides Gunnar/ Holiday this is the Orioles process. They are slow with prospects and they still struggle. Look at the average age of all the promotions and it’s around 24 years old. 

12 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

SIGBOT's watched him every day over 4 years now - I don't believe anything in the next few weeks will change its overall assessment.

It is just a question of do you accept the Offense-Defense tradeoff vs. Urias.

I do believe it means something for a player to have 2 months not 1 acclimating to MLB game speed, though Evan Carter didn't seem to be bothered much a year ago.    Is Coby Mayo Evan Carter good?

Is Evan Carter Evan Carter good?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, interloper said:

I feel like everyone is not reading his post right. He's saying we need a SS on the roster to replace Mateo. Not to replace Henderson.

He said Gunnar might have to temporarily be a 3B this year.   I think I read it correctly.

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

If it’s a performance thing, that’s fine. My issue is if they keep him down because of the rookie stuff..that’s absurd.

I just don’t buy it’s performance based off of him almost coming up a few months ago and what Elias has said 

Apparently my comments are being misinterpreted. First, Coby is not "bitching", I am. I think it's ridiculous he hasn't gotten a chance to help us.He's been an extremely hard worker who works every day on his defense.He has never uttered a negative word about being passed over. He's a terrific kid with a team  oriented ethic. I am baffled as to how people on this page said I think he's whining or complaining . He is not. I am.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rbiggs2525 said:

I’d tell him to show up early every day and take ground balls. Not saying he’s not doing that.

Im not doing anyone a disservice. This is just my opinion. Coby Mato is a great young man, and he's going to be a fine player. When he gets his chance.I hope its soon. He could help us.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Im not doing anyone a disservice. This is just my opinion. Coby Mato is a great young man, and he's going to be a fine player. When he gets his chance.I hope its soon. He could help us.

At some point he will help us. But it seems obvious it should not be right now for very clear baseball reasons. But you don't want to hear or even discuss any of that. 

40 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Henderson is a SS.  One of the most talented 2-way SS in baseball.   He’s tough mentally.  He hasn’t been tentative at all.  He’ll get through it.

I 100% believe Gunnar's a SS, and a damn good one.

I also 100% see this flurry of errors, know what the yips are, and think he might need some games off at SS.

Holliday, Urias and Mayo can't fill in there. 

And what if it hits really early in a game and he makes a couple of errors? You need a plan B and the O's don't really have one if Mayo's the guy who takes the roster spot.

16 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He said Gunnar might have to temporarily be a 3B this year.   I think I read it correctly.

Temporarily.

I stand by that. He might need to get his head straight.

Elias needs to give Hyde a plan B. Sticking your fingers in your ears and saying I can't hear you is not a solution. I hope it doesn't come to this, but you can't ignore the possibility. 

He's made 6-7 errors in a week. Maybe he needs a mental reset by playing at 3B or even DH. Having Mayo on this team pretty much eliminates that possibility.

28 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I am baffled as to how people on this page said I think he's whining or complaining .

I think that the reason that some people believed that you were implying that the complaining was coming directly from Mayo was the fact that you saidnoted in the OP that you are close to the family and keep in touch with them multiple times per week. 

I can understand people connecting the dots the way they did, but also appreciate your later clarifications. 

Go O's!

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Thank you for clarifying that. I've never heard a bad word ever about Coby's makeup. He would not be human if isn't disappointed to not be in the major leagues, but he's still grinding. I'm sure he's doing whatever he can to be better at both 3B and 1B. 

I still get the feeling he's getting the Gunnar treatment, just a year later than Gunnar did.

My guess he's promoted on Aug 30th or 31st and he ends up getting less than 130 ABs.

He’s got the best attitude of anyone in the system imo.

31 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Apparently my comments are being misinterpreted. First, Coby is not "bitching", I am. I think it's ridiculous he hasn't gotten a chance to help us.He's been an extremely hard worker who works every day on his defense.He has never uttered a negative word about being passed over. He's a terrific kid with a team  oriented ethic. I am baffled as to how people on this page said I think he's whining or complaining . He is not. I am.

Oh I know what you meant. Not sure why others took it to mean something different

32 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Is it really that baffling?