The Guardians Series, 8/1-8/4

Just Regular

Everyone needs to emotionally prepare themselves for the Yankees taking over first place by a game or two this weekend. They get the AAAA Blue Jays at home while we continue to battle the team with the best record.  There will be no reason to panic when it happens, prepare yourself now!

Hoping to avoid another inevitable rant thread when we’re a game back. Probably futile but giving it a shot. 

1 minute ago, Fiver6565 said:

Everyone needs to emotionally prepare themselves for the Yankees taking over first place by a game or two this weekend. They get the AAAA Blue Jays at home while we continue to battle the team with the best record.  There will be no reason to panic when it happens, prepare yourself now!

Hoping to avoid another inevitable rant thread when we’re a game back. Probably futile but giving it a shot. 

Are you new here?  Haha.

I agree with you 100% but there will be pitchforks and weeping and gnashing of teeth.  But, it's a fan board.  Everyone fans a little differently.

6 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Are you new here?  Haha.

I agree with you 100% but there will be pitchforks and weeping and gnashing of teeth.  But, it's a fan board.  Everyone fans a little differently.

No I’m not new LOL. Hence the bit about it probably not working. I’m just tired of all the ranting on the board lately. It’s like discussing baseball with a solid group of knowledgeable fans while a bunch of four year old kids keep interrupting so they can chime in and whine about something. 

• Haha 1

I do not believe CLE is as good as BAL-NYY but kudos to them having a fantastic season.

I still think the AL East champion will have the best record in the league, but down at a ~50 game sprint to the finish anything could happen.

Them grabbing the #1 seed would position them as the top wildcard's opponent should it survive the ALWC series.

AL East 2nd place leads AL Central 2nd place by 4 games with 52 to play for the #4 seed.

New to me tonight - Chris Valaika the Guardians hitting coach is Pat's older brother.     Pregame on MLB Network, he got big kudos from Stephen Vogt for influencing many in their entire offense to focus some on impacting the ball more even if they give up some contact.

Steven Kwan's power progress being the brightest example.

On 8/2/2024 at 8:12 AM, Fiver6565 said:

The O's can't depend on other teams to play poorly any more.  If they want to make the playoffs and do anything in the playoffs, they need start playing like their playoff lives are on the line.  Play with some energy and life and urgency.  Let's see some fire in these guys.  I don't care what anyone says. These guys have played flat since mid June and it's made a difference.

Great, GREAT win in Game 3.  Gunnar back to stinging the ball again.  Holliday looks much improved.  All of the newcomers did well.  Even Seranthony, I'm not going to kill him on that.  He got 3 outs and Ramirez is is a great hitter, tip your cap to him.

Burnes on the mound tomorrow - getting a split in CLE would be terrific.

• Upvote 1