When the Orioles decided to take a big upside but high risk  player in Honeycutt in the first round I was really hoping they would have done the same thing with the pitcher Brecht in the second round. He seemed to be the pitcher version of Honeycutt with the big upside but big risk. If you used this strategy with the hitter in Honeycutt it would had been nice to have done the same with Brecht in the second round. Then again we are talking about Elias and pitching. Grrrr

On 8/1/2024 at 9:46 PM, Baseball fandom said:

When the Orioles decided to take a big upside but high risk  player in Honeycutt in the first round I was really hoping they would have done the same thing with the pitcher Brecht in the second round. He seemed to be the pitcher version of Honeycutt with the big upside but big risk. If you used this strategy with the hitter in Honeycutt it would had been nice to have done the same with Brecht in the second round. Then again we are talking about Elias and pitching. Grrrr

I feel like Elias needs to poach a top guy from an organization that excells at developing pitching.  Of course give them a big salary and title.  It's obvious the Sigbot only works on hitting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Heston looked solid at Aberdeen yesterday.  Two solid hits and then a walk.  They removed him from the game again after 3 PA.   As the Ironbirds are now finished for the year I presume he will get bumped up to Bowie or Norfolk.
    • The other thing they are missing is Burnes...where is the "Ace"?   His sudden mediocrity and inability to keep runners off base and control the run game have been dissapointing and sure to be exploited the rest of the way. This scares me more than anything else.  
    • I went to the game with my son yesterday.  Honeycutt had a spectacular leaping grab near the CF wall and made solid contact as noted above for 2 singles.  Looked like an exciting player to watch.   Hopefully a sign of things to come; i imagine he will be right back there to start 2025.
    • Adley got hit on the right hand June 27th, missed a game on June 28th with swelling in the hand, and hasn’t been the same since.  Even during those last 188 ABs, he’s got 27 walks to 28 K’s, so it’s not like he’s not seeing the ball or overmatched, his power and hard contact has just been complete sapped. And then I think the back issues came on top of all that. I don’t think he’s lost the ability to be a really good hitter… I’m just not convinced he’ll be right again this year. It’s not proven we can win consistently without “good Adley” either. As he went south, so did the team. 
    • Holliday replacing Mateo has been a downgrade as well. Offensively and defensively. Just reality.  We miss those two RH bats and their defense. 
    • The Os haven’t had guys hitting on all cylinders at the same time in a while. We know about Adley’s struggles but Santander, while he has hit some homers, is hitting 212 with a 289 OBP since Aug 1. O’Hearn has a 631 OPS since Aug 1. Adley, OHearn and Santander are basically out machines right now. You also take away the injured guys and factor in the struggles of Holliday (playing everyday) and playing the guys we have to play and it’s no wonder the team is struggling. Right now, I think you the top 2 hitters in the lineup should be Gunnar and Mullins. Slater can be the second hitter vs lefties. After that, you don’t have anyone that stands out. Cowser is inconsistent and could lose ROY to Wells if he doesn’t pick it back up. And we have no idea what we are going to get from anyone else right now.    But I would at least have the table setters at the top of the lineup and just see how things go.
    • Mounty, Urias, Westburg and Kjerstad. That’s a lot more than you are saying especially since you are playing guys more often than you should (see OHearn), you are playing too many bad players because you don’t have anything else and you are also trying to play rookies at a time where they are learning but are being thrusted into more everyday roles. And that’s also assuming Adley is healthy. So basically, you have multiple “easy outs” in the lineup every game. Your lineup doesn’t have length. You have guys who are tired because they are playing so often.
  • Popular Contributors