I want to say this about Coby Mayo (All Inclusive)

5 hours ago, Hallas said:

This is like the 3rd or 4th time the Orioles have brought up a taxi guy for a game, immediately before promoting the real prospect following an injury.  I kind of wonder what the logic here is.

The logic is logistics. The taxi squad means they are already in the dugout. 

Also, not trying to give you a hard time. 

Edited by sportsfan8703

30 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The logic is logistics. The taxi squad means they are already in the dugout. 

Also, not trying to give you a hard time. 

Soto wasn’t on the taxi squad, he was in Norfolk 

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

This is very odd, unless there’s an injury. Hopefully, they give him the Holliday/Henderson treatment and not the Kjerstad treatment. 

Have they announced the corresponding roster move? 

21 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Really good news. And glad Roy’s nightmare is over. Hopefully he’s up to stay so we don’t have to deal with the fallout of a Mayo demotion. 

If any poster deserves it, its Roy. I hope he stays up too.

2 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Have they announced the corresponding roster move? 

Not yet, but if I get my way, keep Soto and DFA Urias. That olay play he had last night with two outs was awful. The ball was hit right to him and he moved out of the way. It was a hard hit ball, but you have to stay in front of that, play it off your chest if you have to. Terrible play. GG a few years ago, but that play cost us the first three run HR. He was very nonchalant on another play and barely made the throw at 2B to get an out. Urias is not an everyday 3B on a good team.

Mayo can play everyday at 3B, and I am sure he’ll work hard to improve defensively. And we all know he will take. After the game last night. I was thinking they would bring up Mayo for Urias. It’s time. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, interloper said:

Now everyone can pivot to complaining about Jimenez being here instead of Kjerstad. 

He wont get much playing time, but we need him to do something. Already missing 2 RHB Hayes and Westburg, Maybe Mayo can add something. Kjerstad will be back,needs to get his feet back back under him after getting hit in the head. a lot of Orioles having bad things happen. Too many you ask me. 

9 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

Not yet, but if I get my way, keep Soto and DFA Urias. That olay play he had last night with two outs was awful. The ball was hit right to him and he moved out of the way. It was a hard hit ball, but you have to stay in front of that, play it off your chest if you have to. Terrible play. GG a few years ago, but that play cost us the first three run HR. He was very nonchalant on another play and barely made the throw at 2B to get an out. Urias is not an everyday 3B on a good team.

Mayo can play everyday at 3B, and I am sure he’ll work hard to improve defensively. And we all know he will take. After the game last night. I was thinking they would bring up Mayo for Urias. It’s time. 

That Urias play might have looked bad but not too many ML players are staying in front of a 105 mph one hopper in-between-hops.  I think even most SS play that off to the side.   I don’t think Urias has been good defensively by any means but I certainly wouldn’t DFA a perfectly fine utility guy and use that play as the final straw.

• Upvote 1