8/4 @ Cleveland, Burnes vs Williams

SilverRocket

2 minutes ago, OnlyOneOriole said:

Oh its great other than the taxes, the govt, and some of the social issues that get pushed.  But when you have so many activities within a short drive?  And when it is basically sunny 340 days a year?  You learn to live with it.  Even where I live here north of Los Angeles, it has been 95 to 105 for the past month straight but it gets down into the 50s to low 60s at night.  No humidity.  You really can't beat it. 

One of the four or five places on Earth with the Mediterranian climate.  It's where people grow grapes for wine.  East Coast Australia.  California.  Mediterrean.  Chile.  And some where else I forget.  All has the perfect climate.  Sunny low humidity.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ShoelesJoe said:

I think the Ohtani contract should be the guideline for players in high tax States. Have 80% of the money deferred to later years when the player can choose a tax free residence. 

If this becomes a new thing I bet some laws get changed.  Never get between the Government and their cut.  They will do anything to get their piece. 

Just now, GoldGlove21 said:

Lol... that would be hilarious

Indeed, I was joking. But the point is, do not give in to Soto or Judge, ever. If they don't swing the bat, they can't be a factor.