Delmarva catcher pitches 5 innings

Legend_Of_Joey

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint but this team looks like an overweight and non-athletic weekend warrior trying to complete a 10K. It's not fun to watch. 
    • I just wanted to see the kid get his chance in Baltimore. He certainly had earned it through hard work and putting up the numbers in the minors and all the time he put in down there. If they were going to trade him that's fine but I would had personally preferred to wait for the off season and put him in a package for a better pitcher then what they got in return. When that deal went  down I hated it and obviously I'm hating even more now 
    • 100%   Why he can’t lay off the change up 7 inches off the plate is beyond me but it’s clear he can’t recognize the pitch or lay off of it. But he’s another guy learning. Another guy trying to make adjustments in his rookie year at a young age.    This is the “problem” With so much young talent that is ready at the same time but yet inexperienced at the same time. You just have to wait out the growing pains. Adding injuries on top of that and playing guys like Maton and Rivera just adds to it. And if you are doing that and you have vets struggling, it’s a recipe for a disaster on offense. Obviously, if the Orioles knew about these injuries, they don’t make the Rogers trade. You certainly feel better about the offense right now if Norby and Stowers were up here. But they made the trade (and for good reasons imo) and have just had bad luck since.
    • I do think he's tired for sure. Saying that, he's got to improve on hitting offpseed of that percentage is going to keep going up. Let's hope we see more of this in this series: https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sporty-videos?playId=36d2c184-58ae-407e-8729-637d0108fc64
    • It does make you wonder that the one guy they were willing to trade (for a pitcher throwing 91 MPH that they had to demote) is raking while they use Jimenez, Maton, and Rivera, none of whom should be playing on a true contender.  Even if they DH'd him, he would look a lot better than what they are running out there.  this is what Norby is doing with Miami but he could not find regular PAs with the Orioles. His BABIP is unsustainable obviously, but Norby has been raking for a long time in AAA and was ignored by the Orioles. Now, not surprisingly, he's struggled at 3B since he had very little experience there. But as I said, even at DH and being a 4th outfielder, he would have looked pretty good in this putrid lineup of late.
    • He’s playing too much. He should still probably sit 1-2 games a week. He’s done better vs lefties as the season went on but he should still sit vs them every once in a while. This is just another spot where the injuries have hurt the team.  
    • Over the same period (since August 11th) Cowser has slashed a poor but not complete awful .200/.290/.326/.616 with 37 Ks in 107 PAs. So yes, Cowser is part of the problem as well. 
  • Popular Contributors