Blue Jays Series 8/6-8/8

11 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Intentional or not they happened. Usually I’m on the side of heck no. I don’t think we can keep letting division foes continue to pitch inside wildly and hit our guys. 

Pitching inside is earned. They can’t have every Tom, Dick, and Harry, doing it then cry “poor command”. Then if the command is so poor, don’t do it. 

So throw at the Jays because they accidentally hit a couple of guys? Throw at a team that most people are hoping to sweep? Give them baserunners?

This is stupid.

11 hours ago, Jim'sKid26 said:

That would be really dumb to do. The last thing the O's need is pitchers throwing at batters and getting suspended. 

I think Kimbrel drilled Vladdy on purpose.  I was against any retaliation, but that looked intentional.  Kimbrel had very good command tonight and that pitch was 2 feet inside.   

39 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think Kimbrel drilled Vladdy on purpose.  I was against any retaliation, but that looked intentional.  Kimbrel had very good command tonight and that pitch was 2 feet inside.   

Do you think Burnes hit the 2 Blue Jays on purpose last Tuesday?   Given that he hadn't hit a batter all year up to that point?

Seems like we are involved in an old fashioned beanball battle with the Jays.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Do you think Burnes hit the 2 Blue Jays on purpose last Tuesday?   Given that he hadn't hit a batter all year up to that point?

Seems like we are involved in an old fashioned beanball battle with the Jays.

I didn’t even know that happened.  I was out last Tuesday night.   I hope not.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Agree.  It was several feet inside and hit Vladdy squarely in the back. 

48 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I didn’t even know that happened.  I was out last Tuesday night.   I hope not.  

Here is the video.  Judging by Burnes reaction, he was clearly upset at both and appears he just lost command of 2 seamer.

Edited by Say O!

9 hours ago, glenn__davis said:

Man I hate losing to them.  Even more so when they score 5 runs with 2 outs and nobody on. Soto rapidly reaching Steve kline territory.

Elias traded for high ERA, BB/9 Guys because they have good K/9 numbers. These guys are mediocre at best due to lack of control. Like Fuji, when he’s on he looks amazing, but otherwise he absolutely stinks most of the time. 

If you need yet another reason to hate the Blue Jays look at how the treat road teams on getaway day. Most teams have a day game on the visiting team’s getaway day. Toronto never does. If they’re going on the road they do of course.  I noticed this last series.  So I looked into it.  And yeah that’s what they do all the time.

Cito Sucks.

1 hour ago, Spakman said:

If you need yet another reason to hate the Blue Jays look at how the treat road teams on getaway day. Most teams have a day game on the visiting team’s getaway day. Toronto never does. If they’re going on the road they do of course.  I noticed this last series.  So I looked into it.  And yeah that’s what they do all the time.

Cito Sucks.

They don't make the schedule.  

But Cito still sucks.

• Upvote 1