8/06 @ Toronto (Cito still sucks)

This will be the game we all remember when the real collapse started and the season went off the rails. Completely expect to get swept and look just as inept the next 2 games and probably in Tampa too.

Edited by RavensNOsGuy

I usually do not complain about a manager’s decisions, but my goodness that was bad.  Definitely the worst over-management since Buck’s playoff debacle (which was also against the Blue Jays).

9 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

I cant believe the lift Holliday...dont care about lefty, righty stuff..its silly

I’ve been walking, I read a comment that made me think somebody was joking about hide lifting holiday, but he really did? And that’s not objectively stupid? 

Just now, forphase1 said:

What a flipping disaster tonight has been.  Bringing in Soto was dumb, pulling Holliday was questionable, even if it worked in a walk, letting Urias hit and then pulling Cowser are all debatable moves and arguable didn't work.  And we completely squandered bases loaded and no outs and only got one run because the pitcher couldn't find the strike zone.  This loss is squarely on Hyde.

He couldn’t pull Urias. Has no other infielders. Mayo was coming in regardless. So do you hit him for Cowser or not? Slater replaced Cowser. 

Cowser and Holliday have been your best hitters lately, and you yank them. And leave in guys with reverse splits (Urias). Cowser isn’t even poor against lefties. Neither is Holliday. What kind of Tony La Russa crap was that? Just old school backwards stuff there.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Just now, LookitsPuck said:

Cowser and Holliday have been your best hitters lately, and you yank them. And leave in guys with reverse splits (Urias). Cowser isn’t even poor against lefties. Neither is Holliday. What kind of Tony La Russa crap was that? Just old school backwards stuff there.

He couldn’t hit for Urias. Who plays the infield? McCann?

Just now, eddie83 said:

He couldn’t pull Urias. Has no other infielders. Mayo was coming in regardless. So do you hit him for Cowser or not? Slater replaced Cowser. 

Mayo might not be a great 3B, but if he’s up here for his bat, you don’t leave Urias in there when he’s awful against lefties in an absolutely crucial spot. That’s effectively the ballgame.