8/9 @Tampa Bay

eddie83

8 minutes ago, Hallas said:

I think you're a little hard on him, to be honest.  Most of his low points you're quick to point out and they're generally justified, but you don't give him a lot of credit for his good points.  Just my opinion.  I have a hard time listening to a lot of other broadcasts.

Like I said, I think he’s cromulent. The good points for him aren’t outstanding to me; meaning they’re average. He has a nice voice, but not a great one in the way Jon Miller or Joe Angel or Gary Thorne did. 

He’s adequate on calling the action but he’s not a particularly gifted storyteller the way Vin Scully was. The pop culture references are tiresome, the Blink-182 thing with Ben McDonald he’s been keeping alive for over a year now is old. 

Constantly finding parallels that are insignificant (and the FOURTH round draft pick of the 2019 draft strikes out the FIRST overall pick of the 2019 draft) are…exactly that, insignificant. 

If I had taken a shot every time he reminded the audience that Eflin is facing his former team tonight, I’d be blackout drunk.  

I find him to be entirely too cheerful when the game is late and close, he seems to not understand the gravity of certain situations.  Or just flat out joking around when the Orioles are down by a lot.

Fine (not a great) voice, seems like an overall good dude, knows the game, solid on the PBP, and that’s about all the good I stuff I can say.