The Nationals Series, 8/13-8/14

Just Regular

1 hour ago, Just Regular said:

Gunnar Henderson only has 0.9 fWAR last 30 days, and this 6-win pace is completely terrible for who he is.

I think Gunnar playing at a 12-win pace for a remarkably long time is kind of the same as 2021 Corbin Burnes.     He could be near the best in the game while giving lots of fodder how he's "declining".

Of course. There is a huge difference between “declining to X” and “improving to X.”

That’s entirely reasonable

36 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Don’t see any posts about it but Mountcastle did about 3 things wrong in the rundown in the first inning. That can’t happen 2 weeks in a row.

Yep, the sloppiness on defense just continues.   I was at the game, very frustrating to watch.   And Rogers throwing BP.

Holliday dropped a good throw from Adley.

Santander didn't get a good jump on the double in the first inning.   

Something interesting I observed today at the Yard during the matchup against the backup pharmacy. There were hardly any walgreen fans at all.

On the contrary, when you go to a O’s game in DC at worst it’s about 50/50 as there are a ton of O’s fans still in DC and the immediate surrounding areas who can easily get to their ugly stadium via metro. O’s fans really do a great job being loud cheering for O’s and making it feel like a home game in DC.

I’ve been to a ton of O’s games in DC (O’s have won them all) and glad the O’s continued their winning ways against ugly curled w when I attend.

• Upvote 1

I think the Nats are partway through what’s likely to be a successful rebuild.   It’s a pesky young lineup and you can see Wood is likely to be a stud.  They have several credible starting pitchers, too.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see Rizzo get a little aggressive in free agency to try to put this team into contention in 2025.   

Tampering will be assiduously avoided another couple months, but I think (or at least hope) they are in a lead group with NYY-NYM-LAD for whatever Juan Soto wants to do with the next phase of his career.

I don't think Juan Soto needs to re-earn the official Mookie Betts, Freddie Freeman if you are good enough to beat the Dodgers, the Dodgers will get you badge of honor.

NYM or WSN Soto surely nicer than NYY or LAD Soto for rest of decade championship odds.