Breaking News

Peace21

You have no idea how the club is handling the negotiations. :confused:

They are ongoing. To say you are "embarrassed" is going to look pretty silly if they announce in a few hours that he is signed.

You claim your "source" is an agent. How would he know what Boras is up too ?

Boras, of all agents, doesn't "gossip" with other agents. I bet his staff knows better too.

McPhail also keeps his cards close to the vests. That is what "professionals" do.

Loose lips sink ships.

Dead wrong here. I've worked with agents and agents' staff before. They gossip like it's high school all over again. Its part of their job to gossip, in fact. They need to know all the business deals happening.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope he said it was a done deal. An hes an agent. But like iev said since Saturday, everytime I have spoken to him since he told me that, he hasnt changed his stance. He hasnt said "oops it changed and that its not close."Why would I lie to you all. Im just sharing something I was told from a reliable source.
I guess my point to you would be to watch what you post when you hear from this "reliable source". Especially with a subject line of "Breaking News".

The way its heading....he's not looking very reliable.

I guess my point to you would be to watch what you post when you hear from this "reliable source". Especially with a subject line of "Breaking News".

Ill take that into consideration. But until 11:59 im sticking to it.

Let's not forget Sonny76 also said that the deals were going to get done by 11:59 and the commish wouldn't like the final #'s. I wonder if all this is just smoke and mirrors by both camps to make it look like we are trying to follow slot up to the last possible second. Boras and MacPhail could be just playing along with the system. If you think about it MacPhail would look pretty stupid for going against a slotting system that he helped to set up without putting up a "fight."

My point to you would be to take such posts with a grain of salt. Reports are that it was a done deal, and that Duquette/Boras had an agreement in place, until MacPhail stepped in. Deals fall apart all the time.

I love it when insiders post their gossip. I don't want that to stop.

Dead wrong here. I've worked with agents and agents' staff before. They gossip like it's high school all over again. Its part of their job to gossip, in fact. They need to know all the business deals happening.

Not at all.

I know a guy who used to be an agent. He didn't gossip.

He may have shared details but NEVER until AFTER a deal is done, not in the middle of it (ie loose lips-sink ships). There is a difference.

Anyway- I was speaking specifically of Boras. He hardly speaks, let alone gossips, to other agents, from what I have heard/read. He is a maverick.

Archived