Orioles vs. Yankees 4/9/09 game 3

jerios55

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he left him and he threw another fat one, people would have a fit.

Face it, it's an impossible job and knowing exactly when to yank a guy is the most impossible part of it.

When you're wrong you're wrong, and when you're right you're still wrong...

I understand and usually I wouldn't question it, but our bullpen has been working overtime the last few games. I didn't think a broken bat single should've driven Simon out of the game. I'd be more comfortable with Simon blowing it than taking him out early and have Bass blow it.

So I guess this is the inning where it all falls apart. The first two games have spoiled me, for sure.

I don't know about that. We wont have to be dealing with AJ for too much longer. Let's see what happens then.

Hey!!! You sure fold in a hurry...

Just trying to be realistic. We won the first two games in impressive fashion, and I sure wasn't expecting a sweep. I'm not saying there's no hope of winning, but if we do lose I would bet that this is the inning where most of the damage comes.

If he left him and he threw another fat one, people would have a fit.

Face it, it's an impossible job and knowing exactly when to yank a guy is the most impossible part of it.

When you're wrong you're wrong, and when you're right you're still wrong...

This isn't second-guessing. I didn't think it was the right time to pull him. He didn't make a bad pitch or indicate that anything was wrong. Teixeira broke his bat.

Obviously either leaving him in or pulling him could go right or wrong. But the rationale here is that there was a better chance with Simon still in the game than Bass.

Some people probably felt the other way and they would have gotten on Trembley if they left him in. That's how it goes. But you are acting like each person would be mad at him no matter which decision he makes when that's a load of crap. Some people felt one way, some felt another. Its not people changing their minds or using hindsight.

Archived