Orioles vs. Yankees 4/9/09 game 3

jerios55

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, a question for folks who were watching during the debacle in the 6th inning--how did Wigginton look on the two hits early in that inning? Were those plays he should have made or were they plays that most 3B couldn't have made?

I only saw one of the plays (I'm theoretically working). It wasn't a terrible play or anything but I'd say his range is definitely not better than average for 3B. I can't imagine how people think he's serviceable at second.

Hey, a question for folks who were watching during the debacle in the 6th inning--how did Wigginton look on the two hits early in that inning? Were those plays he should have made or were they plays that most 3B couldn't have made?

He didn't do anything grossly bad, but I think they make you appreciate Mora a lot more than some people do.

One of them, Melvin would have had, the other one I'm not sure what to say.

Two lefties up with him playing off of the line. Both hits were to his right... maybe the ballclub had him too far off of the line and I'm not sure most 3B'man would have caught them in that situation.

Archived