Orioles vs. Yankees 4/9/09 game 3

jerios55

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Molina is one of the best at catching guys trying to steal. Maybe he could've gotten a better jump, but I wouldn't say it was bad baserunning. Not to mention he's never had more than 20 stolen bases in a season, so I wouldn't say he's automatic.

Pie's not automatic because he frequently doesn't get great jumps. His foot speed is some of the best in baseball. The problem has always been execution. That particular throw by Molina wasn't brilliant. It was off the bag, but fortunately for him he had beaten Pie by enough that Cano was able to tag him well before he got to the bag. It wasn't the worst baserunning ever, but it certainly wasn't good. There's also the overall team issue that when you have more caught stealings than games played, you might want to put up the red light for awhile.

So is there anywhere to stream audio other than MLB Gameday?

I have a friend in D.C. / VA that is trying to stream the game and he cannot find a way.

And I am at work and not allowed to stream anything, hence, I am listening on the radio.

Trembley is so quick to pull pitchers, I don't want to exhaust the bullpen so early in the season.

If he left him and he threw another fat one, people would have a fit.

Face it, it's an impossible job and knowing exactly when to yank a guy is the most impossible part of it.

When you're wrong you're wrong, and when you're right you're still wrong...

Pie's not automatic because he frequently doesn't get great jumps. His foot speed is some of the best in baseball. The problem has always been execution. That particular throw by Molina wasn't brilliant. It was off the bag, but fortunately for him he had beaten Pie by enough that Cano was able to tag him well before he got to the bag. It wasn't the worst baserunning ever, but it certainly wasn't good. There's also the overall team issue that when you have more caught stealings than games played, you might want to put up the red light for awhile.
What are the odds of both Moeller and Izturis getting hits, or one of them getting an XBH?

What are the odds of Pie stealing successfully and then either Moeller or Izturis getting a single?

That was a great time to run, running was the right call, and Pie didn't screw up. He just got thrown out, it happens.

Archived