Orioles vs. Yankees 4/9/09 game 3

jerios55

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This just in. Brian Bass is not a good pitcher.

The botched play at the plate was on a very good pitch.

The bloop hit past BRob would have been an out if they'd gotten the out at the plate because BRob would have been deeper.

It's not about crappy pitching, it's about the big mistake having a balloon effect.

Funny how a play or two can totally open up the floodgates.

This is entire game is like payback for the past 2 days. Damon catches a popup by Ropberts in the 1st where at most home fields fans wouldnt have allowed. Markakis could have caught the swisher HR had the fan not caught it over his glove. The awfully pathetic play by Bass and the collateral damage that happened after BECAUSE of that play.

Man this is disgusting. Losing is one thing- but it's when we lose LIKE THIS!

I know the game is not over- it just feels like it is.

Who else felt when we went to the pen this owuld happen? It happened the first 2 games but luckily we had a big enough lead built up it didn't matter. I just don't get why we don't let Simon AT LEAST see one more batter!

edit: Okay, I'm much calmer now. This may have been a bit of an overreaction. I just have no stomach for giving the Yankees runs.

Yeah, I sent that to him and he said he is not allowed to stream video, only audio...any other ideas or is that it?

How come 105.7 is not streaming?

Cause they aren't allowed. MLB Gameday Audio (or whatever it's called) is the only legal provider of streaming MLB audio.

The bloop hit past BRob would have been an out if they'd gotten the out at the plate because BRob would have been deeper.

It's not about crappy pitching, it's about the big mistake having a balloon effect.

I'm not going to argue the merits of this inning. Over the course of his career, Brian Bass has proven, he's not a good pitcher.

This game is a real humbling game, after the great play of the first two games, today we show our weaknesses and holes.

The bullpen is really worrying me, Trembley is pulling our starters out early and our bullpen has not gotten the job done. This could be a long year if our pitching strength, the bullpen, performs below expectations.

The bloop hit past BRob would have been an out if they'd gotten the run at the plate because BRob would have been deeper.

This is just another piece of evidence that he is not a good pitcher.

The entirety of the rest of his career is the rest of it.

Unfortunately he's about as good as we can find so far this year, so we better get used to this sort of nonsense. At least until July or so when a few of the "cavalry" are up here.

Bass hasn't really pitched poorly, and even without Rodriguez, the Yankees do have some guys who can hit. He made a throwing error, probably a bit too much adrenaline and he rushed the play. I don't see why there are so many people saying he should be the one to get sent down over one throwing error. Then again, it is the Overreaction Hangout.

Archived