Bad Idea - IL Adley and Burnes for 15 days

kidrock

5 hours ago, kidrock said:

Fair points.

Does anyone know if Brunes has had any sort of Velo dip recently?  If no velo dip, than an IL stint makes little sense.

He was sitting 96, 97 last night. Dont think he's sore or tired. Adley, thers something going on.

Velocity w/ Corbin has been fine. He's been consistently 96-97mph on his sinker every month of the year. Cutter velocity also has been fine. If anything, there's been a minor uptick in velo in August vs previous months on average (we're talking like a 1/4 of a mph, but still something to note). 

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I have to say that if I were Burnes I'd be super stoked to have a phantom IL visit in my walk year.

That'd be better than giving up a run an inning like he has been.   That can't be good for the walk year either. 

Is Adley hurt, or is he just struggling? I know that talked about the back, and maybe it's been bothering him for some time, but here's his numbers since Jul 1st.

image.thumb.png.8b505c7aeda9d9ddf3244a26234f0cd6.png

He's actually been a little better in August than his awful July (.667 OPS) but not great. I guess the issue is who comes up for him that would be better? If his back is bothering will one IL stint heal him? 

As for Burnes, the only way he goes on the IL is if he complains about something hurting. He should not "need a break".