8/25 vs Houston on ESPN 7PM

Tony-OH

Just now, baltfan said:

Devers, J. Ramirez, Soto, Betts, Freeman.  There is more than one of these types of guys. Yes they are expensive and I am not suggesting we get one.  I am more hoping one of our guys, turn into this.  I was hoping it would be Holliday, but his hit tool isn’t yet what it was advertised as 

Might as well throw Bobby Witt Jr in there too.  You're basically talking about the best hitters in the league -- not exactly guys that are easy to get and several of them potential future Hall of Famers. 

But Altuve, Betts and Witt are different from the others.  Those three are speedy leadoff types with great defense and added power.  Holliday could be that guy too but we'll have to wait and see. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, HowAboutThat said:

Yes, and each time, we have been surprised. If YOu wanna give him 5,000,000 plus this offseason, you go right ahead.

Getting surprised five times in a row without revising one's take--How about that!

Don't know why you're talking about the off-season of a team that is currently contending for first place.

Edited by LA2

3 minutes ago, Moshagge3 said:

O's got 10 runs on three swings this series. Too bad they scored two runs in four games on all other swings. 

10 runs on three swings--surgical!

23 minutes ago, O's84 said:

Gotta hope the bats can wake up against LA.  

Honestly, I'm fine with a split against Houston --and will be if we take even just 1 of 3 in Chavez Ravine. As long as we feast on the Rockies and White Sox afterwards.

• Upvote 1

We can agree the injuries have decimated the 2024 plan for pitching, which puts added pressure on a young team to over perform offensively and the constant bouncing of players around the infield (except Gunnar) has made this year a very difficult one for those players to really synchronize.  Until those things get corrected, the Os will wild card it only.  

18 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Honestly, I'm fine with a split against Houston --and will be if we take even just 1 of 3 in Chavez Ravine. As long as we feast on the Rockies and White Sox afterwards.

Considering the way most of the 2nd and 3rd game went, yes.  But I'd like to see go 2 out of 3 against the LA with the team playing well heading into the softer schedule.  But yeah, if you go 1-2 vs LA that is till fine.  Just gotta avoid the sweep.