Will the Orioles make the playoffs?

LookitsPuck

Will the Orioles make the playoffs?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Orioles make the playoffs?

• Yes
    • No

5 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

If you don’t think there’s a possibility of the Os missing the playoffs at this point I don’t know what to tell you. 

Not saying it’s likely, and I’m sure not rooting for it (before some clown accuses me of that), but my eyes have to be open to that possibility. The team has played poorly over and over again right in front of us. The Tigers probably won’t lose more than 1 the rest of this week.  KC and the Twins have to start winning at some point - and we might have to beat the Twins ourselves, which how can you possibly be confident about that either? Those teams arent likely to just keep losing over and over. 

We will probably be subjected to the Yanks celebrating their division title on Tuesday - if not then, certainly at some point this week, right in front of our guys. Perhaps that vision somehow lights a fire. I hope so. 

Nice seeing Westie and Ramon back and glad they’ll get a full week before the playoffs start, if we do make it. There is some hope there at least. But things need to change on the field, and fast, or else all will have been for naught. 

Shouldn't that "those teams aren't likely to just keep losing over and over" logic apply equally to the Orioles? I'm sure fans of those teams are currently equally convinced of their own ineptitude. 

It definitely hurts us on paper that we are facing the Yankees while those three are all facing weaker competition. It helps some that, as soon as we lose a game in that series, our opponent will have nothing to play for and may rest some folks. 

Ultimately there are, including tonight's MIN-BOS game, 22 games left that concern us for a playoff spot. We only need 3 of them to go our way. And only a couple more than that to secure the home WC series. 

1 minute ago, Safelykept said:

cant believe people are trying to game scenarios where we do not win a game or maybe one and still make the playoffs

This team has fallen so far that it’s a coping mechanism and an outlet for just how abysmal they’ve played.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Safelykept said:

OK, but still.

I’ll say this, it’s a good exercise so folks that are scoreboard watching know what to look for. Even the National and local media didn’t know the situation going into the weekend or even today.

15 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Shouldn't that "those teams aren't likely to just keep losing over and over" logic apply equally to the Orioles? I'm sure fans of those teams are currently equally convinced of their own ineptitude. 

It definitely hurts us on paper that we are facing the Yankees while those three are all facing weaker competition. It helps some that, as soon as we lose a game in that series, our opponent will have nothing to play for and may rest some folks. 

Ultimately there are, including tonight's MIN-BOS game, 22 games left that concern us for a playoff spot. We only need 3 of them to go our way. And only a couple more than that to secure the home WC series. 

Yeah if the Twins lose tonight there will be 24 outcomes.  If it was tie or 1 or 2 game lead but we are basically running the 400 and we are given a 350 meter lead.  The Royals are probably are best bet of the teams to lose because of who they play.  Yes they are bound to win at some point but winning a game or two is 1 thing not 6 straight.  

5 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

Yeah if the Twins lose tonight there will be 24 outcomes.  If it was tie or 1 or 2 game lead but we are basically running the 400 and we are given a 350 meter lead.  The Royals are probably are best bet of the teams to lose because of who they play.  Yes they are bound to win at some point but winning a game or two is 1 thing not 6 straight.  

We are in.

2 hours ago, Safelykept said:

cant believe people are trying to game scenarios where we do not win a game or maybe one and still make the playoffs

Yeah, there is some serious nonsense in here. The Royals are 2-8 their last 10 and the Twins are 3-7 their last 10 but will magically go 6-0 to finish the year while the O’s go 0-6. Okay..

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, KojiSplit said:

Yeah, there is some serious nonsense in here. The Royals are 2-8 their last 10 and the Twins are 3-7 their last 10 but will magically go 6-0 to finish the year while the O’s go 0-6. Okay..

Is getting swept by NYY isn’t so crazy. Do we even hold Burnes and Eflin back for game 1 and 2 of the twins series?  Why waste them in NYY

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Is getting swept by NYY isn’t so crazy. Do we even hold Burnes and Eflin back for game 1 and 2 of the twins series?  Why waste them in NYY

You "waste them" in NY so they're on schedule to pitch in the WC series.

The team is making the playoffs and not winning the division.  They're going to be in the WC series.  Obviously we want Burnes and Eflin starting games 1 and 2.

3 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

You "waste them" in NY so they're on schedule to pitch in the WC series.

The team is making the playoffs and not winning the division.  They're going to be in the WC series.  Obviously we want Burnes and Eflin starting games 1 and 2.

Yeah I'm all for wasting In NY, what ever that means