Os vs KC in WC round

Sports Guy

Man, would have been nice to have a club coming in here after losing two in a row to the worst team of all-time. KC has been way down but showing signs of life now, they will be tough. 

14 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That is my recollection as well. In fact, vs Ragans they stacked all RHB's with Gunnar, Adley, and Santander. I think O'Hearn's and Mullins' splits are so bad vs LHP it is probably correct to bench them, but we might want Cowser and Kjerstad in the game. Could we see something like this?

Gunnar SS

Westburg 2B

Santander RF

Mountcastle 1B

Cowser CF

Adley DH

Kjerstad LF

Urias 3B

McCann C

I’ll be surprised, bordering on shocked, if they don’t go with the elite defensive OF combo of Cowser/Mullins behind Burnes. Two elite SPs on the mound, I don’t think they’re going to risk it with Kjerstad out there in the wide open spaces of our LF. 

31 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

I’ll take the matchup in which we have the better chance of winning game 1 in best of 3.

We won that series 4-2 but it took a lot of heroics to do so. If you think Ragans isn't capable of shutting down any team, I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by Malike

2 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’ll be surprised, bordering on shocked, if they don’t go with the elite defensive OF combo of Cowser/Mullins behind Burnes. Two elite SPs on the mound, I don’t think they’re going to risk it with Kjerstad out there in the wide open spaces of our LF. 

Mullins didn't start either game vs Ragans this year. But that was back in April when we had Hays. 

They could go with Slater but I think that would be a mistake unless they have some numbers on him hitting vs LHP changeups. 

10 minutes ago, Malike said:

We won that series 4-2 but it took a lot of heroics to do so. If you think Ragans isn't capable of shutting down any team, I don't know what to tell you.

We have a better chance of beating Ragans in game 1 than we would have had to beat Skubal.

12 minutes ago, Malike said:

Ragans is elite, no doubt. But he’s not Skubal. That said, not gonna be easy. Never is in the playoffs. Unless you’re the Rangers playing the O’s, though. Well, really anyone last year.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

We have a better chance of beating Ragans in game 1 than we would have had to beat Skubal.

I don't agree. Burnes has 14 IP with 0 ER and 15K's against the Tigers, that neutralizes Skubal and if this team is as good as everyone hopes and the big scary Tigers are too, we'll get to see Skubal more than once.

7 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Mullins didn't start either game vs Ragans this year. But that was back in April when we had Hays. 

They could go with Slater but I think that would be a mistake unless they have some numbers on him hitting vs LHP changeups. 

I’d be pretty miffed if SIGBOT went to the ole “hey, lefty on the mound, play righty”. You gotta throw career splits out the window especially since Slater has been just brutal all around this year. Slater should not start any of these games.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Malike said:

I don't agree. Burnes has 14 IP with 0 ER and 15K's against the Tigers, that neutralizes Skubal and if this team is as good as everyone hopes and the big scary Tigers are too, we'll get to see Skubal more than once.

Skubal might not be able to start more than once in the ALCS once he of course wins ALWC Game 1, ALDS Game 2 and ALDS Game 5.

Ibid Corbin Burnes for that matter if on the same calendar he gets the mother of glorious victories in ALDS Game 5.

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That is my recollection as well. In fact, vs Ragans they stacked all RHB's with Gunnar, Adley, and Santander. I think O'Hearn's and Mullins' splits are so bad vs LHP it is probably correct to bench them, but we might want Cowser and Kjerstad in the game. Could we see something like this?

Gunnar SS

Westburg 2B

Santander RF

Mountcastle 1B

Cowser CF

Adley DH

Kjerstad LF

Urias 3B

McCann C

No chance they don't start Mullins in CF and Adley at Catcher.  Here's my humble prediction for the starting position players and batting order for Game 1.

Henderson SS 

Westburg 2B 

Santander RF 

Cowser LF 

Adley C 

Mountcastle 1B 

Mullins CF 

Urias 3B 

Riviera DH 

I realize that Riviera as DH might seem like a "reach",  but he's a RH bat, has playoff experience, and is currently riding a hot bat.

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Gunnar SS

Westburg 2B

Santander RF

Mountcastle 1B

Cowser CF

Adley DH

Kjerstad LF

Urias 3B

McCann C

No chance they don't start Mullins in CF and Adley at Catcher.  Here's my humble prediction for the starting position players and batting order for Game 1.

Henderson SS 

Westburg 2B 

Santander RF 

Cowser LF 

Adley C 

Mountcastle 1B 

Mullins CF 

Urias 3B 

Riviera DH 

I realize that Riviera as DH might seem like a "reach",  but he's a RH bat, has playoff experience, and is currently riding a hot bat.

14 minutes ago, rudyrooster said:

Henderson SS 

Westburg 2B 

Santander RF 

Cowser LF 

Adley C 

Mountcastle 1B 

Mullins CF 

Urias 3B 

Riviera DH 

McCann is going to catch Burnes. Not even up for debate