RHH Outfield Targets

sportsfan8703

Taylor Ward has a slow sprint speed but he rates well defensively. https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=wardta01&year=2024&t=b

Hammered LHP. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=wardta01&year=2024&t=b

Has two seasons of control left. They would have no reason to give him away. They should also be listening for the future to a deal. 

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Profar is a switch hitter and would clearly be an upgrade. Others include Grichuk, or Teoscar….

otherwise they should bring back Santander. 

we no longer need to shop in the bargain bin or settle.

Calling Profar a clear upgrade over anyone is silly. He was worth -1.6 fWAR in 2023 and has largely been a replacement level type player for most of his career.

One year doesn’t change that especially since he turns 32 soon and is projected to get a long term contract.  In the land of bad moves, giving him a 3-6 year deal, as he is projected to get, is about as bad as it gets.

12 hours ago, theobird said:

Garret Hampson. perfect bench Rh hitter for us. excellent speed. can cover our Lf and Cf as well as play on the infield. Free Agent. Won’t cost a ton. Obviously not a huge signing, but better than what we have had and more versatile. 

I can say this…if you’re not already Garrett Hampson’s agent, then you probably should be. No way the real guy could do a better job of selling that player than you just did.

Maybe Luis Rengifo is the Angel we should try to trade for.

Some of why I wonder about Bregman is that Hyde was specific reminiscing about Zobrist towards the end of the year and I believe Westburg is the individual most capable doing that job for the team.

They have tried to shoehorn guys like Frazier and O'Hearn, but I agree about Hampson - he or a guy like Rengifo might fit better than an OF only type like O'Neill or Ward.    Those bigger guys will command starting roles, unseating Kjerstad or Mayo that I think the club needs to play.

I'm unclear if Jorge Mateo is full go for Sarasota - he could also I think do better at IF/OF than Frazier or O'Hearn, and if good would limit the need for a Hampson kind of guy.

31 minutes ago, Just Regular said:

Maybe Luis Rengifo is the Angel we should try to trade for.

Some of why I wonder about Bregman is that Hyde was specific reminiscing about Zobrist towards the end of the year and I believe Westburg is the individual most capable doing that job for the team.

They have tried to shoehorn guys like Frazier and O'Hearn, but I agree about Hampson - he or a guy like Rengifo might fit better than an OF only type like O'Neill or Ward.    Those bigger guys will command starting roles, unseating Kjerstad or Mayo that I think the club needs to play.

I'm unclear if Jorge Mateo is full go for Sarasota - he could also I think do better at IF/OF than Frazier or O'Hearn, and if good would limit the need for a Hampson kind of guy.

Interesting player. 

Broke out last year for the Halos but got hurt and ended 2024 on the 60 day IL. 

He had to have season ending wrist surgery. Timeline for a return is not readily available. 

2024: .300/.347/.417 in 78 games. He had 6 HRs and 13 2B but stole 24 bags in 31 attempts (77%). 

He will be ARB1 after making $2.3 M and $4.4 M in 2023 and 2024. He projected to make $5.8 M in 2025.

https://halohangout.com/posts/luis-rengifo-injury-magnifies-angels-trade-deadline-miss-puts-pressure-on-draft-pick-01j4ph8wj1rx

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/10/projected-arbitration-salaries-for-2025.html

5.8 M is a hefty chunk for a super utility guy coming off his best, though injury shortened, year. He is a switch hitter but how much does he give you over Mateo? 

On 10/25/2024 at 8:43 AM, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I really don't see it.

The Astros are trying to reduce payroll this offseason and Mountcastle will make more than twice as much as McCormick in arbitration next year, and McCormick is a non-tender candidate anyway. We should absolutely be able to get more than a non-tender candidate OF for Ryan Mountcastle with 1B being a glaring need for a bunch of teams looking to contend next year- CIN, PIT, SEA, etc., plus teams with pending FAs at the position like ARI and NYM.

The Mariners return first baseman Luke Raley, who this year posted 3.2 bWAR and an OPS+ of 129 across 455 plate appearances.

Raley currently is the backup for the Seattle outfield of Julio Rodriguez, Randy Arozarena and Victor Robles.

10 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

Calling Profar a clear upgrade over anyone is silly. He was worth -1.6 fWAR in 2023 and has largely been a replacement level type player for most of his career.

One year doesn’t change that especially since he turns 32 soon and is projected to get a long term contract.  In the land of bad moves, giving him a 3-6 year deal, as he is projected to get, is about as bad as it gets.

Didn’t he just hit .280/.380/.459?